Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a problem that i just can't figure out. when I'm driving my car, if i get over 4500rpm with boost, its like i lose spark or power or something. my car lunges forward and its like i hit the brake or something. any ideas? maybe too much boost is blowing out the spark? idk. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess it could be but ive never had this problem before. ive been boosted in this civic for over 3 years. just random.

·
Registered
10 Posts
well im in for an answer becuase my car has started doing the same thing. please update this sk8rx6 if you find a solution to the problem.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Need a lot more information, what are you tuned on ( ectune, chrome, aem ) ? What boost level is the car tuned at, do you have boost cut enabled ? Sounds like you could be over boosting ( if you got it professional tuned, boost cut is usually enabled and set ) . Need more info

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Need a lot more information, what are you tuned on ( ectune, chrome, aem ) ? What boost level is the car tuned at, do you have boost cut enabled ? Sounds like you could be over boosting ( if you got it professional tuned, boost cut is usually enabled and set ) . Need more info
this!!! sounds like boost cut to me
but your plugs have a huge gap if there at 30 thous.
info that would help would be.
what your tunning software is?
boost your tuned at?
boost cut is set at what psi? if applicable
what fuel system you have? pump or filter could be bad or going bad
last time you changed your plugs, wires, cap and rotor?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I could only assume its something cutting out in the ecu ( fuel or boost ) , and not a miss fire because the lunging forward, if it was miss firing the car would still drive threw it but just really shitty.

·
Registered
95 Civic CX
81 Posts
well fuel issue sounds likely but i'll throw some things in the air with some probs i had and what fixed it:

1) car wouldnt rev over 4500. tuned on crome free. it turns out i had launch control set at 4500 also and my vss went out and my car thought i was not moving since it didnt see any mph. solution? reburned tune with launch control off. still have bad vss though

2) a few days ago my car wouldnt rev over 3500. turns out my ecu went into limp mode from water(been raining a bit here in IL ) getting into the ecu. removed ecu, let it dry, reburned tune. worked like a charm.

didnt really give too much info but like i said, just throwing shit out there lol

·
Registered
95 Civic CX
81 Posts
now that i think about it, my #1 wouldnt fit the description cause it didnt have that "lunge" or jerk motion associated with fuel cut. it was more like bouncing off the rev limiter or the launch control i set it at. #2 seemed somewhat like ur prob cause it did have that "lunge" feeling but im guessing cause the ecu was activating fuel cut..so yea im going with fuel issues.

3 years entitles parts to fail no?

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the responses. sounds like it is probably a tuning issue from what im gathering. right now its just tuned with a street tune on crome. Im actually not sure what all he did so idk if boost cut is enables or anything. also I haven't gotten a wideband yet. this has been an ongoing build for the last three years and really i havent gotten it retuned since i first built it. so its probably all the random little additions ive made that have my car throwing fits. i was hoping to wait until i finished my head before i got it tuned professionally. I guess i will just have to let my car sit or just drive slowly until I get another tune. anyone suggest any quality tuners near Indy or Chicago area?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Thanks for all the responses. sounds like it is probably a tuning issue from what im gathering. right now its just tuned with a street tune on crome. Im actually not sure what all he did so idk if boost cut is enables or anything. also I haven't gotten a wideband yet. this has been an ongoing build for the last three years and really i havent gotten it retuned since i first built it. so its probably all the random little additions ive made that have my car throwing fits. i was hoping to wait until i finished my head before i got it tuned professionally. I guess i will just have to let my car sit or just drive slowly until I get another tune. anyone suggest any quality tuners near Indy or Chicago area?
We offer dyno and street tuning, you can contact us at [email protected] , or 708 599 5884

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Boost cut would be a solid and abrupt cut then resume spooling if wot is held. . Lean condition or a massive lack of timing would make the car lung. So which is it? Was it tuned with a wideband in the first place? Post a youtube video.

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes it was tune with a wideband. I believe it is to skype if it is what you just described. Because it does lunch forward but then it does resume back to spooling up after about a second or so.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts