Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have no idea what to use to tune my car(hondata,crome).....my motor build is about to begin and should be done over the summer that includes turbo im looking for 250-300 whp. i just dont kno what the hell do use. i was thinkin hondataS300 but i dont kno..HELP ME PLEASEand would i need to chip my ECU or what??? thanks

my build if you need to know it
1998 EX coupe
D16Y8
supertech valvetrain
balance micro polish crank
eagle rods
ARP head studs
Hot tank, crack check, competition 3 angle valve job, mirror surface, new seals, assembly for head
CP pistons
garrett t3/t04e 57 mm trim
edelbrock performance X intake mani

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the shitty thing is i need to find another tuner the 1 that i was gonna use moved away so im fucked.....i live in NY any 1 kno of a good tuner in NY or close by?

·
Registered
91 hatch
1,249 Posts
you could send your ecu away to get it tuned if interested the guy i bought my ecu off of tunes ,and chips he has uberdata or crome i would go with crome seems to be the better of the two right now so it has been argued here is the site www.j-k-tuning.com maybe they can help

·
Registered
248 Posts
just get a good basemap to start with, then buy a chip burner and wideband and read on PGMFI.org and u r set to go to town..

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man i love this place 10 mins i got my answer needed....thanks guys...def looking at that site d-ranged:TU:

·
Registered
391 Posts
man i love this place 10 mins i got my answer needed....thanks guys...:TU:
You said it. I should have found this site 11 years ago when my wife (then girlfriend) bought her Sol that I inherited (she drives the SUV because of the kids). :mrgreen:

PM

Reactions: shocker911

·
Registered
362 Posts
i dont get it..different setups = different tuning no? howcome people get their ecus off websites? isnt there a good chance that ecu actually makes your car slower? you need to be around the car to tune?

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
i dont get it..different setups = different tuning no? howcome people get their ecus off websites? isnt there a good chance that ecu actually makes your car slower? you need to be around the car to tune?
I would take it to a dyno, as that's the only way to properly adjust the ignition.
Yeah I could see getting a chipped ecu or base map downloads from a website but the dyno is the only way to go to get the most outta you motor!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts