Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i took my motor out because the wg was leaking and wanted to resurface my manifold. i installed 13psi spring, new mounts, new bov, and new injectors.

i then installed everything. and got a new waste gate spring 13psi. i go for a spin to tune the damn thing and no boost. it creeps to 3-4 psi. thats it.
doesnt matter what load.
no leak in exhaust manifold and no leaks in the charge piping or vac leaks. fixed a few didnt make a diff.

i have my Wastegate to the turbo compressor nipple.

now heres the weird part. i took the boost controller off and put 2 washers in the bov.
and i got boost for like a whole session then hurried home and was driving the gas station and then again no boost. wtf

i was getting 10psi before i took the motor out.
anyone have any ideas. i got the same timing maps

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
With just the title id say blow boost pass the injectors seals.
But after reading im not 2 sure. Have you boost tested the pipes? Pump air into the motor and see if the boost gauge reads it.

You sure there is no exhaust leak pre turbo?
Does the turbo spin at idle? It could be gone.
Also y was the motor removed?

O yea did you forget the fire ring for tge wastegate?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no exhaust leaks pre turbo checked that. turbo has lie 5k on it and spins perfect at idle with 0 shaftplay.

motor was removed to install new mounts and clutch. fire ring intact. i put my hand over the dumptube off the wg and no air coming out.

i did a boost leak test and sprayed the injector seals with soapy water and no leaks. but im going to put my known good injectors back in to see if anything changes. ive changed bov twice also

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Bet your bov is leaking at either the flange or inside something is f'd on the bov.

Do you have antilag setup? If so see if its pushing out air from the bov. Or make a quick block off plate for the bov and see if it will then spool. Also stupid question...did you remember the firering for the wastegate? Left mine out last year and i didnt see any boost till very top of second

·
Registered
125 Posts
Put the stuff back on that you swapped out and see what happens. If you build boost then there's your answer. Up for more updates

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
only thing i changed was injectors,Wastegate spring that could ahve anything to do with it . i guess its worth a try. but why would it build boost fine at one point in time.
it was hitting boost cut at 12psi. very fast i should say. then all the sudden it stops building boost

·
Registered
119 Posts
My best guess is that its the BOV.
maybe its internally damaged causing a bad seal, Or could also be the wastegate. If you dont want to be putting on the parts you swapped out, at least do a boost leak test.

Thats what I would do.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Pressure test the system, only way to find the leak...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Clogged exhaust maybe? ( cat.)
doubt it

My best guess is that its the BOV.
maybe its internally damaged causing a bad seal, Or could also be the wastegate. If you dont want to be putting on the parts you swapped out, at least do a boost leak test

Thats what I would do.
boost leak test was done already.
Check the fire ring for the wastegate...lol

I would place my bet on the BOV. Where are you getting the vacuum reference?
like i said firing ring is in the wastegate read above. i actually tried taking it out when the wastegate was out but it wouldnt not come out so i left it in. the vaccum lines all go to the vaccum block. which is t'd off the brake booster vaccum line
Pressure test the system, only way to find the leak...
reads above been there done that. how come boost came on fine for about a 15 minuted drive. hit boost cut every time.
had a similar issue and it was the bov
in for updates for sure tho, starting my turbo build soon
ill update problem should be fixed soon. been to lazy with work and all

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
If the fire ring wont come out maybe its jamed and holding the wastegate open....it looks like you have an open dump from the wastegate...if so put your hand under it...if you feel exhaust gasses coming out fix that. If its recirculated pull off the downpipe/ wg dump and put your hand close to the wastegate outlet...feel for exhaust....the fire ring should not be stuck in place

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If the fire ring wont come out maybe its jamed and holding the wastegate open....it looks like you have an open dump from the wastegate...if so put your hand under it...if you feel exhaust gasses coming out fix that. If its recirculated pull off the downpipe/ wg dump and put your hand close to the wastegate outlet...feel for exhaust....the fire ring should not be stuck in place
the firering wasnt stuck but more just seized from being on the wg for so long it moved up and down but i didnt take it out. and already did what u said put a bag over the dump no exhaust gases whatsoever coming out. and i inpected every part that went on. checked injectors firing and wg spring and whatnot. the spring was seated and seat was seated also. no gaps or anything like that

1 - 20 of 35 Posts