Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys, I am looking to find out if anyone is running a larger shot of nitrous on here (anything bigger than 75) consistantly with a stock bottom end. I am running a wet 75 currently, and just got my head P&P.So i will be returning to the dyno soon to be tuned again. I have a very strong running motor and want to run a 85 shot ( tuned via hondata). I do use the gas often, anyone had any good luck ?? Thanks 4 input

Reactions: vtec-e94hatch

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
we ran a 100shot on a y7/y8 mini me and on a y8 for over a year

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
an old member who got banned, WillieS runs a 100 shot on his stock bottom end z6 every friday and saturday at the track for atleast 2 years now. not a bit of smoke. i think 24-7 ran a 125 on a stock motor.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Been running a Dry Zex 75 shot on my stock y8 with I/H/E every so often, regular maintenance, etc. and I feel I should be fine.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made a 133.4 Na, with a blown headgasket. we only tested the nitrous to see if it was operating properly through s200. I did not want to push the car, I was 4 hours away from home with no trailer and loseing antifreeze like a bitch. I am hoping for another 5-7hp with new P&P head and a good headgasket.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i still have the comp cams 59300(zex), I kind of wish i had the crower 3 from what i have been reading. Do you think i'll see any power from the P&P. I wouldnt be suprised if i didnt knowing my luck

·
Registered
924 Posts
i still have the comp cams 59300(zex), I kind of wish i had the crower 3 from what i have been reading. Do you think i'll see any power from the P&P. I wouldnt be suprised if i didnt knowing my luck
Yea. Any time you improve air flow will help.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It depends, a port job is cam dependant. If you're going Crower 3 you'll need a different job than with the ZEX for maximum potential. Especially the intake/exhaust balance is crucial. So now is the time to decide for once and for good what cam you really want. ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At this point i am done spending money on the D, I am going to just keep the 59300 camshaft. The P&P i had done was by KMS engine development. They were recommended by a friend and had my head for 5 weeks. The P&P is sweet, Its a mild stage 2 job with some very nice bowel work done behind the valves. They didnt ask me about a what cam i had although i told them i had one. This will be my final trip to the dyno until this motor blows and i get a new one. THANK You for you opinions and help. I AM going to run the 85 shot. I'll post my results in about two weeks and we will see if the P&P and new header helped at all. Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I choose not to share that information on this board, as i would fear for my life :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I was thinking , do you think it would help my nitrous distribution if i drilled and tapped my manifold for my nitrous line. Like between the 2-3 runners. Or would that just make it worse. I should call zex and see if theirs a way to make a direct port, I have a dry kit but its actully wet through s200/310cc injectors. I would just need some way to get nitrous only to the runners

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
me either its prob not a good idea,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts