Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how many shots of nitrous a basicaly stock z6 with zc pistons can handle

·
I used to be Admin.....
763 Posts
If you tune it right, there is no telling how many shots it can take.

If you are talking about the SIZE of the shot, a 55 shot is as big as I would go without upgrading the fuel/ignition systems.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deck said:
If you tune it right, there is no telling how many shots it can take.

If you are talking about the SIZE of the shot, a 55 shot is as big as I would go without upgrading the fuel/ignition systems.

werd. i first ran a 50shot nx wet when i got my nitrous. i was going to do a 75 but i got my turbo in so i ditched the nx. you can pull off a 75shot if u have some fuel stuff like fpr and fuel pump. of course dont get bottle happy cus that will blow ur motor no matter how big or small of a shot u are running.

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
si0385 said:
i was wondering how many shots of nitrous a basicaly stock z6 with zc pistons can handle
you have the 12.5:1 zc pistons in there? if so i asked pretty much the same question here http://d-series.org/viewtopic.php?t=5909 . there are 2 problems you will run into, 1 is the rods, 2is the ring lands. i still have yet to have my question answered.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
si0385 said:
z6 with zc pistons can handle
dam dude i read everything but this part. um to be on the safe side i wouldnt do it. but if u wnat to no more than a 25shot WET. and thats pushing it. the highest compression ive ever ran nitrous was on a customers car . lsvtec 11.2 and it was muther fuker tunning it.we had to pull a shit load of timing

·
I used to be Admin.....
763 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that nitrous likes compression - to a certain extent anyways. Can someone confirm that?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
use better fuel or take out a lil more timing and everything will be cool. As for the rods? That I don't know, but most nitrous failures are caused by detonation anyways, so avoid that and life is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts