Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so for a direct port. Where should i drill for the nozzles? I have ran a single fogger.and know where to place it but not direct port? All input would be great.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah although my phone shows tiny ass images. So it looks like on the top side about 6 inches behind flannel for a z6 manfold.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
This is one of the best nitrous install Ive ever seen on a Honda, including those on high budget drag cars.

Dry. Check.
Properly designed distribution block. Check.
Direct port placed far upstream on runner. Check.

The only way it gets any better would be something like this:

All those other pics are pretty crap. Theres not much point in bothering with direct port if youre going to use shitty distribution blocks that are not going to distribute evenly.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
Tilt, what do you think about simple square T's and equal length tubing? So, bottle to solenoid, solenoid to one T, that T goes to two T's and from there to each runner.

Also what about pointing the nitrous jet (dry) the opposite direction than air flow. IE, pointing away from the head about half way up the runner between the plenum and head?

Going to try my hand at a Nitrous build soon.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Tilt, what do you think about simple square T's and equal length tubing? So, bottle to solenoid, solenoid to one T, that T goes to two T's and from there to each runner.

Also what about pointing the nitrous jet (dry) the opposite direction than air flow. IE, pointing away from the head about half way up the runner between the plenum and head?

Going to try my hand at a Nitrous build soon.
Ive seen some discussion about the forced induction affects you can get from the nitrous itself. So while facing the nitrous backwards would probably make it atomize really well, it would also be creating a lot of flow in the wrong direction.
Same problem with putting the nozzles close to the head. They end up blowing against the closed valves and you get nitrous/air flowing backwards.
Face them into the runners and you get nitrous, plus a VE boost created by nitrous drawing air in with it.

I think Ts are okay, but ideally they would be shallow Y shapes. Sharp corners will allegedly cause the nitrous to go from liquid to gas and you get bad distribution and pulsing. This is why those cheap distribution manifolds are crap.

At one point I had an NX brand direct port kit, but after testing it off the car, it was immediately sold. The nitrous distribution was visibly uneven and it did all sorts of weird stuttering and shit.
Working with cryogenic liquids is not simple or straightforward, but these companies (NOS, NX, Zex, etc.) are treating it like its liquid fuel by putting it through rails and crappy nozzles. Its amazing more cars dont blow up.

If you can get an even distributed of nitrous into the runners and use the ECU for fuel. You'll do well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts