Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k im building a n/a block and i was thinking about adding a little shot like a 35 or 50 shot i know the zcpistons have weak ringlands but on a 35 shot would they bust?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
k im building a n/a block and i was thinking about adding a little shot like a 35 or 50 shot i know the zcpistons have weak ringlands but on a 35 shot would they bust?

possibly, but a lower compression stock piston would be able to take more nitrous and you'd make more power and have better times. i would say that high compression and nitrous you'd be asking for problems without forged pistons and maybe rods if you wanna give a shot worth giving it.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i was looking for some p28s but found p29s with rods and prettymuch everythings allready coming together for the build but im not sure i might give it a try

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nitrous is nitrous and will always be nitrous. go for it.,
migth as well worst that could happen on that small of a shot is crack ringland...ihope lol fuck it new zc's are like 140 bucks

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the zc's have weaker ringlands then say a p28 pistons

·
Registered
see my car lol
81 Posts
what block and what head are you running?
i ran pm7's in my a6 motor and sprayed a 50 dry shot with no problems.
as for compression, mine at the time came out to 11.3:1, and it loved spray! lol now it's 12.2:1 and it did love spray untill the nos jet broke off from it's flange making it open just like no jet at all and making it like about 1,000,000 shot! lol when i sprayed it, it blew the head gskt and wiped out the ring lands big time! just from a short hit of that much spray! lol i shut it right down cause i knew something was wrong, but it still did the damage! lol
anyways, if you're buying new stuff, it's better to go with high performance pistons, but the pm7's work great though! ;)
i've also sprayed some of my d16a1 motors with a 100 shot and never had any problems. as long as you tune it right for the spray, you'll be fine!!! ;)

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well it's a z6 block b7 head so its pretty much an a6 think i'll probally try out the 50shot the comp/ratio comes out to be about 11.4:!

·
Registered
see my car lol
81 Posts
well it's a z6 block b7 head so its pretty much an a6 think i'll probally try out the 50shot the comp/ratio comes out to be about 11.4:!
wow, with a z6 block, b7 or a6 head, and pm7's, you'll be running 11.98:1 compression. that's with the thick a6 head gskt. it'll be 12.37:1 with the thin metal gskt! :D
that's kinda high for pump gas!
at 12.2:1, i have mine detuned so i can run 93 oct in it on the street. ;)
it really loves it when i put some 110 in it though! lol

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow, with a z6 block, b7 or a6 head, and pm7's, you'll be running 11.98:1 compression. that's with the thick a6 head gskt. it'll be 12.37:1 with the thin metal gskt! :D
that's kinda high for pump gas!
at 12.2:1, i have mine detuned so i can run 93 oct in it on the street. ;)
it really loves it when i put some 110 in it though! lol
i just checked it on zeal calculator and it was 11.4:1 lol with the 2layer and on the z6hg it was 11.0:1 lol i'm from slc we had my buds teg on 13: on pump

·
Registered
see my car lol
81 Posts
i just checked it on zeal calculator and it was 11.4:1 lol with the 2layer and on the z6hg it was 11.0:1 lol i'm from slc we had my buds teg on 13: on pump

i just did it on the compresion calculator too. lol
remember that the Z6 block has .000 deck hight and with pm7's, it gets the compression up there.
and sure you can run 13:1 on pump gas, but not without being tuned for it.
we have an LS with 12.9:1 on pump gas, and it runs ok but it's not running like it would on real fuel and being tune for it, lol

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i have a perfect set of p28 pistons on the rods i will sell them cheap make me an offer. i can have pics on friday. but i assure you they are clean and perfect. pulled out of a d16y8 with 60,000 miles and replaced with forged.

·
Registered
see my car lol
81 Posts
oh i almost forgot, no matter what ever pistons that you go with, be sure to at least use ARP rod bolts if you're using the stock rods!!!!!!!!
they're well worth the small price to keep you from tossing a rod through your block !!!! :D

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh for sure man, im using arp rod and head bolts i know the tuning comes into factor running high comp courtney green did my buds teg

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
if you gonan spray just stay low comp, there wont be THAT much of a difference imo to chance fucking shit up for a 35 shot... stock block the bitch and run a 75 shot
75 shot spray faster than 35 shot with high comp

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if you gonan spray just stay low comp, there wont be THAT much of a difference imo to chance fucking shit up for a 35 shot... stock block the bitch and run a 75 shot
depends man i'd probally end up running a 50 on the pm7s anyway, i dont want to rely on the bottle at all times either thats why its going high comp

·
Registered
2,205 Posts

^^^what he said, which is what i was essentially trying to say. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts