• Turbo

Votes: 52 80.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres the thing i have nitrous right now...Don't get me wrong i love it and the torque but the power aint always there like a turbo would be.
So i was thinking about changing it over but I'm not sure yet tho so i need some opinions.

This is for my DD so i don't want to get into the engine just yet and i was only going to go for 10psi and already have a P28 chipped. ugh idk. It wont be for a coupe of mouths till taxes come in tho so help a brotha out!

·
Registered
732 Posts
boost, you dont need to refill it ; )

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
i cant vote, both are great, both have advantages, it comes down to the money you have to spend, if your low on cash go NOS, if you got the cash go boost, simple as that.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
short run, ZEX N2O was best bang for the buck for me.

long run, boost.

I'll be boosting the D15B7 AutoTRAGIC next winter hopefully. Goal is better gas mileage and useable TORQUE while retaining AC and PS. 4-5 psi should be about right, I want 25-30 ft/lbs at 3000 rpm.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
turbo...

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Why not both? Ok ... ok ... I'm just kidding. I'd agree with the whole boost not having to be refilled thing. That and I've seen some sick ass turbos walk all over N20 setups.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
NOS! Only there when you need it...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
i cant vote, both are great, both have advantages, it comes down to the money you have to spend, if your low on cash go NOS, if you got the cash go boost, simple as that.
x2, it takes more $$$ to run boost just remember that. If you go that route, keep in mind that you can get a lot of used stuff here and in other forums that can help you save $100's.

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
x2, it takes more $$$ to run boost just remember that.
hows that so? you have to still figure in tuning because just slapping a nitrous kit on is stupid imo...
then you have to figure kits are what 500-700 bucks or so? never really priced so this is a guess
THEN everytime you empty the bottle you have to fill it... i know around here from what i could previously find its anywhere from 35 and up to fill the bottle...

used greddy kits go for under a grand... and you can turn the boost up and make 185-195 whp on a stock block easily...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
QUOTE=1.6 BOY;1095656]i was thinkng about getting a kit from autoworks if i go turbo[/QUOTE]
Excellent choice, dealing with Greg from Autoworks was probably the best experience on my turbo set up
hows that so? you have to still figure in tuning because just slapping a nitrous kit on is stupid imo...
then you have to figure kits are what 500-700 bucks or so? never really priced so this is a guess
THEN everytime you empty the bottle you have to fill it... i know around here from what i could previously find its anywhere from 35 and up to fill the bottle...
used greddy kits go for under a grand... and you can turn the boost up and make 185-195 whp on a stock block easily...
You have a good point there. In the long run, you will spend more money on a nitrous system, specially if you are planning on using a lot.[

1 - 20 of 44 Posts