Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im kinda back and forth over this issue, I have jdm d15b and Im wanting to up the power a tid bit, say 200 or 220whp.....anyways, I have a zex kit that I could run right now with say a 50 or 75 shot and be decently quick and reliable, I know nitrous pretty well. And then a friend of mine, has a turbo kit that he's offered to sell me with a t28 turbo and has been tuned to 200whp on his car, same motor. He's including everything with it for $1000. I would appreciate some thoughts and opinions on this. Also I can usually only get online when Im at class at night, so forgive me if I dont respond quickly. Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
turbo put your foot down and it goes nitrous you need to have some in the bottle worry about temps( i live in wa state so big issue) open bottle if its a drag car turbo have the power without hassle if not its up to you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
understand......but Ive also known turbo motors on anything to be a little finicky, a lot of times its just something small that makes it not run right or a little rough which would make me afraid to get into it.....Ive just always had good luck with nitrous, its just reliable when used properly and I live in oklahoma so bottle pressure usually isnt an issue, I always use a heater.

·
Registered
94 Posts
yes you trade the preparation for nitrous with maintenance of driving a turbo car

i think nitrous would keep me out of trouble but i like turbo

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Turbo. Nuff said

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
appreciate the reply guys, and I know its been covered before, but I didnt want to bring old threads back to life. Anyways, Ive got some thinkin to do, and again thanks for all the input.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
you already have nitrous and claim to have experience with it yet you don't understand that what you have is more than capable to satisfy your needs from what i gather from your goals. i say you save your money for bottle refills and slicks and actually learn from what you got.

oh shit reading owns me though its a d15b hmmm im not sure how decent the rods are on those compared to the non vtec d15b's if there as good as the d16 rods carry on with what i said. i just feel its pointless to go turbo when u already have a nitrous kits and u can use the 1k on what you already have think bro.

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
you already have nitrous and claim to have experience with it yet you don't understand that what you have is more than capable to satisfy your needs from what i gather from your goals. i say you save your money for bottle refills and slicks and actually learn from what you got.

oh shit reading owns me though its a d15b hmmm im not sure how decent the rods are on those compared to the non vtec d15b's if there as good as the d16 rods carry on with what i said. i just feel its pointless to go turbo when u already have a nitrous kits and u can use the 1k on what you already have think bro.
Arent D15b motors supposed to have some of the strongest rods amongst the Ds'? Thats what I have come up with at least.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
D15B are suppose to have the same rod as a d16z6 but with a way better rod ratio, this mean the rod have less angle and less stroke to support. So the rod should support more power in a d15b than a d16z6!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
With 1000 buck I'd look into a nitrous pump and a good scale, that way you''ll buy your nitrous by big cylinder and pay way less by refill....and you can refill other people bottle too $$$
...the total will cost a little more than a 1000...but will pay for itself with a couple of good customer :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts