Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much nitrous can I safley run on stock pistons, or p29/pm7's with 10.4:1 c/r? with higher compression will I have to run less nitrous?

·
Registered
48 Posts
true nitrous loves compression... but without a proper tune its kinda overkill... i have tried 50hp with a wet zex... damn clutch doesnt hold... anything more than 50hp i think is pushing it or its already pushing it... correct me if i am wrong guys

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
dohdoh420 said:
How much nitrous can I safley run on stock pistons, or p29/pm7's with 10.4:1 c/r? with higher compression will I have to run less nitrous?
with higher compression, it's not that you have to run less juice, it's just that the window for error is smaller the higher the CR gets, let alone when you add juice to that. The higher the CR, the more effect the juice will have, they go together like coke and whores.

also, the p29's are notoriously weak in that the ring lands are really high up on the piston and they are thin.

i'd stick with a NX 50 shot & run a colder plug.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
75 shot and 2 step colder plugs, retard timing 4 degrees :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have some SRP 11:1's for a y8, but I will be using a d15b2 head.. I hope to lower the compression to 10.5:1 area, but I dont know if these pistons are usable.. they have some rashing on the thrust side.. so I am thinking of useing oem hondas.. and suggestion on what head gasket to use with what rods/pistons? I will be using a d15b8 block, and d15b2 head (with the b8 cover for stealth;)), I have access to VX pistons and rods..

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
builthatch said:
The higher the CR, the more effect the juice will have, they go together like coke and whores.
Dude...sweet love the comment but he's right 35shot to start off see how that goes then a 50-55 shot you should be set anymore than that and you'll need some serious engine prep unless you want to see have fast you #1 piston can escape Earth's gravity.

But don't you mean like Whitney Houston and Coke? LOL

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
PowerRevRacing said:
I spray 100 shot on my D16Y8 and it has not blown up yet :)
key word "YET"

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Clutchmaster said:
Dude...sweet love the comment but he's right 35shot to start off see how that goes then a 50-55 shot you should be set anymore than that and you'll need some serious engine prep unless you want to see have fast you #1 piston can escape Earth's gravity.
exactly what i'm gonna do with my y8 and p29 pistons after I have my built short block done!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Before I had the money to buy bottem end parts, I sprayed 120shot every wed. at the track and every sat. night on the street for like two years. No problems. Stock Honda plugs

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
theres a d16z6 in a coupe at the drag strip about 30 mins from here. its bone stock runnin 125 shot and runnin 7.70s on slicks and full suspension. he owns a local tuning shop around here tho so it must have a perfect tune....
like they said start with a small shot.. then bump it up.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
could the stock d15 rods handle a 50 shot if I would shot-peen them?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts