Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I blow my motor if i run nitrous on it? I plan on running a zex dry 50 shot just every once in a while not everytime i drive it though? Its a dohc zc with i/h/e. Will nos brand jets work in a zex kit? I found 30hp jets but zex only makes a 55 shot.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Will I blow my motor if i run nitrous on it? I plan on running a zex dry 50 shot just every once in a while not everytime i drive it though? Its a dohc zc with i/h/e. Will nos brand jets work in a zex kit? I found 30hp jets but zex only makes a 55 shot.
Will a Zex 50 shot alone blow your motor...no.
Nos brand jets do work in the Zex kit, get both corresponding jets.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so how much can i run safely on stock motor?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I used to run a 50 shot in my D15B safely. In the summer I used to go through a tank a week. It was a zex dry 55 shot with a chipped ecu, 1 step colder plugs, intake, header, exhaust. Never had a problem the entire time. Defiantly get a step cooler plugs though. My friend blew up his B16B with a 50 shot just because the stock plug melted and fell into the motor. If he ran a cooler plug it probably wouldn't of melted.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will a Zex 50 shot alone blow your motor...no.
Nos brand jets do work in the Zex kit, get both corresponding jets.
What do you mean a zex 50 shot alone wont blow the motor? So I can safely run a 50 shot with colder plugs and thats all? Do I need to chip the ecu?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i did read it. Should I upgrade my fuel pump to a walbro 255 before running the nitrous? What other upgrades should I do first?

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
if your a noob to nitrous like you are start slow with a 50 shot wet nitrous set-up and work your way up. it all depends on condition of the engine and how well you can read plugs. retard your timing 2 degree's and you should be golden. oh yeah premium octane gas 91-up. the engine should take up too a 100 shot but only in healthy condition if done right also.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
Yes i did read it. Should I upgrade my fuel pump to a walbro 255 before running the nitrous? What other upgrades should I do first?
dont need to unless if your using a dry set-up or direct port and going for way bigger shots of nitrous.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
dont need a chipped ecu for a wet set-up at 50 shot. get a msd ignition retard box lol, fpr, i only recommend changing the fuel pump if your oem is worn out maybe a 190 walboro, colder plugs, a window switch to control what rpm to spray. other things recommended but not needed is a bottle warmer. dont spray on first gear but at only a 50 shot you might get away with it.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
might have forgot somethings but i think i covered the basics i guess

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Nitrous Works jets are same as ZEX.

ZEX 55 shot is nothing on a stock motor. Knowing what I know now I'd even throw it on a D15B7.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. Im not new to nitrous just nitrous on a honda. My dad has a ZEX kit on his mustang. So basically i need to upgrade the fuel pump since its a ZEX 55 dry shot and a fpr with colder plugs? Is a 255 walbro to big?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BUMP

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
Thanks everyone. Im not new to nitrous just nitrous on a honda. My dad has a ZEX kit on his mustang. So basically i need to upgrade the fuel pump since its a ZEX 55 dry shot and a fpr with colder plugs? Is a 255 walbro to big?
Reading comprehension pwns j00. Your stock fuel pump will be otay spanky unless it's excessivley worn. If you're not doing anything much bigger and want to put a fuel pump in, Walbro 190 will suit your needs and then some.

And greasemonkey with the spoon feeding session lol:bigok:

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
Reading comprehension pwns j00. Your stock fuel pump will be otay spanky unless it's excessivley worn. If you're not doing anything much bigger and want to put a fuel pump in, Walbro 190 will suit your needs and then some.

And greasemonkey with the spoon feeding session lol:bigok:
lol this was so long ago i guess i was feeling nice that day never again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts