Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello all.. i plan to run a 100 -125hp shot of nitrous for a litle fun at the strip. bottom end will be built but wondering if 100-125 shot is too big for a single nozzle wet shot. forgot to mention.. it's a d16z6. most threads i found were people running much smaller shots (55 zex).

would like to hear from some of the guys running big shot set ups. thanks.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i've ran 125 through a single nozzle, but its not ideal.

the rule of thumb in the domestic world is 125hp wet is the limit for a single nozzle kit, but alot of people bend that rule without a problem.

i believe its the fuel thats a problem with that big of a shot, you'll be spraying alot of fuel which can puddle in the manifold.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
If you run fuel compensation through the ECU, large single works fine.

Fuel puddling is an issue with many wet kits unless correctly addressed(ie: actives only above a specific RPM and/or throttle position).

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
progressive shot would be better if its a single nozzle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have had good results with dp dry and tune thru inj and ecu 125 shot but on a gsr ive done single fogger wet but made more consecutive hp runs with dry dp !!!

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
i have had good results with dp dry and tune thru inj and ecu 125 shot but on a gsr ive done single fogger wet but made more consecutive hp runs with dry dp !!!
dry DP is the way to go if i got serious with nitrous

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
dry DP is the way to go if i got serious with nitrous
:werd:

ECU-based fuel compensation(which is also sequential and addresses fuel trims, along with the atomization of the injectors)+spark retard>fuel jet

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
:werd:

ECU-based fuel compensation(which is also sequential and addresses fuel trims, along with the atomization of the injectors)+spark retard>fuel jet
This.

Plus, it gives you extra money and room to make the routing of the direct port nozzles ideal (i.e. the way the lines are bent, the orientation of the nozzles, etc)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Go to NX website and look up PN:75000.

Build you a dp kit using those and the b16 fuel bar.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Go to NX website and look up PN:75000.

Build you a dp kit using those and the b16 fuel bar.
Nooooooo.

1) They are very expensive

2) They are injecting nitrous is a terrible location

3) They will be subjected to higher temperature

4) Given the shape I doubt they flow nitrous well

There is so much misunderstood about nitrous. These kit builders act as if nitrous is just like any normal liquid, like its fuel. Its not that simple, its a cryogenic liquid that can convert to gas from any hint at poor flow, step downs, gaps, sharp corners, anything.
Im sure theyre aware of these things, but the general public has no idea so they just dont care. Theyre more concerned with gimmicks, making the kits as easy as possible to install and making the kits cheap to make.

I keep thinking about how I should make a good writeup about the how to really optimize nitrous, but then I dont...

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
They also mess up fuel spray pattern VERY badly; sure they work when you're using nitrous but idle, etc. suffers. Didn't they discontinue the kit because of that? I remember seeing a couple of people taking it out.

Here's a cutaway:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
They also mess up fuel spray pattern VERY badly; sure they work when you're using nitrous but idle, etc. suffers. Didn't they discontinue the kit because of that? I remember seeing a couple of people taking it out.

Here's a cutaway:
Jesus christ monkey balls, thats terrible.

This is the kind of thing Im talking about. NX makes some of the best solenoids and the shark nozzles are top notch as well, but at the same time they have some BS stuff just like everybody else (NOS, zex, etc)

I know Im gonna sound like a broken record, but if you can afford it the components/kits from noswizard.com are just about as good as it gets.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
That's actually the NOS one; though the NXL looks pretty similar. Shows how it can block injector flow; especially bad if you use an injector with a wide spray pattern.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
I know Im gonna sound like a broken record, but if you can afford it the components/kits from noswizard.com are just about as good as it gets.
yup if i was balling i would totally order one from trevor

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
yup if i was balling i would totally order one from trevor
Yah Trev is the man.
He took a lot of time out of his day to teach me the ways of nitrous (through a long chain of emails) just because I was a potential customer.

I ended up sort of retrofitting my NX kit with a new of his components and really saw a noticeable difference in the consistency and feel of the shot.

Now Im kicking myself for selling it :/

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
Yah Trev is the man.
He took a lot of time out of his day to teach me the ways of nitrous (through a long chain of emails) just because I was a potential customer.

I ended up sort of retrofitting my NX kit with a new of his components and really saw a noticeable difference in the consistency and feel of the shot.

Now Im kicking myself for selling it :/
same here i got the pleasure to talk to him threw many pm's over on h-t when he saw my nitrous thread. dude is awesome many people hate on him because it may seem he is just there to advertise but he is actually taking you to school. he is the true guru in my eyes. which is way im building my nitrous set-up in stages using his methods. i have his book as well awesome guy i might not be able to afford his kits but im content with just his pulsoids.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts