Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about fitting these to my aus d16y4, as these would be hella cheaper to buy than from honda australia, and the nippons even come with rings!!!!! So whats the pros and cons about these pistons. Who uses them, what are they like, u know stuff like that!!! Thanks for any help!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,406 Posts
if ur buying them from guit_guit off ebay he is a pain in the ass. Took over a month to get my p29's and then came std when i order .040 over, besides that the nippons seem good quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
BigTuna said:
if ur buying them from guit_guit off ebay he is a pain in the ass. Took over a month to get my p29's and then came std when i order .040 over, besides that the nippons seem good quality.
I also had some trouble with slow delivery and not too good response from him, but in the end I got the product I wanted.

My Z6 liked the P29 pistons for sure. Allthough I still haven't touched the ignition map in my ecu, the car runs great.
When I get to tune it on a dyno I'm sure gains will be great and noticeable.
I also run a Crower stage 2 cam, and some other stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
s_18 said:
I also had some trouble with slow delivery and not too good response from him, but in the end I got the product I wanted.

My Z6 liked the P29 pistons for sure. Allthough I still haven't touched the ignition map in my ecu, the car runs great.
When I get to tune it on a dyno I'm sure gains will be great and noticeable.
I also run a Crower stage 2 cam, and some other stuff.
Not hijacking here, quick question. s_18, please pm me with further details about your setup. I'm looking to go SOHC Vtec and was looking towards a similar high compression setup, but the cons of reliablity steered me away.
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
BigTuna said:
if ur buying them from guit_guit off ebay he is a pain in the ass. Took over a month to get my p29's and then came std when i order .040 over, besides that the nippons seem good quality.
Same deal here, I ordered the low compression pistons in .040" over and got standard bore, so I said fuck it and went with SRP :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
Chaos325 said:
Not hijacking here, quick question. s_18, please pm me with further details about your setup. I'm looking to go SOHC Vtec and was looking towards a similar high compression setup, but the cons of reliablity steered me away.
PM sent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Yeah guit_guit is a real pain in the ***! I think he's increasing the auction price himself because I've bet up to 120 bucks, lost and then received a second chance offer something like 1 hour after! I've ordered std size, should be coming tomorrow, hope I don't get 0.4 over!

s-18, What kind of things should be modified after installing pm7 or p29? I mean can the car run with it without anything else or it is necessary to tune something like the ecu or anything else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,303 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
Urban Racer said:
s-18, What kind of things should be modified after installing pm7 or p29? I mean can the car run with it without anything else or it is necessary to tune something like the ecu or anything else?
In my case the engine ran very rich, about 12:1 in many areas of the map, after installing these pistons.
I had to lean out the mixture a bit to make it right. I used Crome Pro and a wideband for this.
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Urban Racer said:
Yeah guit_guit is a real pain in the ***! I think he's increasing the auction price himself because I've bet up to 120 bucks, lost and then received a second chance offer something like 1 hour after! I've ordered std size, should be coming tomorrow, hope I don't get 0.4 over!

s-18, What kind of things should be modified after installing pm7 or p29? I mean can the car run with it without anything else or it is necessary to tune something like the ecu or anything else?
oh yeah, if anyone wants some standard bore, low compression Nippon pistons...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
Urban Racer said:
Hehe sorry I'm looking for high compression!

S-18, can it be ajusted only with a vafc and a wideband? Had you already the cam when you've put the pistons?
I guess a V-AFC could take care of it... I decided to go with crome, so I could set the rev limiter etc.

The engine was completely built prior to putting it in the car, so I can't say how much difference the separate mods made.
It was all about the final results... See my thread (link in signature) for more info...
 

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
Joined
·
11,892 Posts
Just to chime in on guit-guit. I've ordered from him twice. Once was flawless and the other took forever to complete.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I hope this does not sound dum but do .40 over pistons make higher compression or am i wrong, I'm debating on piston sizes for my current build up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,303 Posts
Mer2Ski said:
I hope this does not sound dum but do .40 over pistons make higher compression or am i wrong, I'm debating on piston sizes for my current build up.
yes thats wright

Typically, a .5 overbore will add approx. 1/10 a point of compression
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
I purchased my standard set of P29 pistons from guit-guit on ebay, and I got them really quickly. Lucky I guess. But I do believe that he bids on his own stuff somehow because I have seen the same people bidding on his auctions many, many times even after they have won things.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top