Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
I just got a offer to buy a Nippon racing camshaft stage 1 for 100$
Is this cam going to be better then the OEM even that its a na cam?
Is it worth the money?
I am going for new valve-springs retainers and cp pistons, no head work and has a powergoal of 350 whp.
(D16Z6)

/V

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hi
I just got a offer to buy a Nippon racing camshaft stage 1 for 100$
Is this cam going to be better then the OEM even that its a na cam?
Is it worth the money?
I am going for new valve-springs retainers and cp pistons, no head work and has a powergoal of 350 whp.

/V
I dunno for all we know you're running a Toyota motor. We need more information. The more information you provide and the more it seems like you searched the nicer we are going to be. I am sure a couple of google searches would tell you exactly what you're looking for.

Put your flame suit on.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno for all we know you're running a Toyota motor. We need more information. The more information you provide and the more it seems like you searched the nicer we are going to be. I am sure a couple of google searches would tell you exactly what you're looking for.

Put your flame suit on.
I know that its a big difference between a Na and a turbo cam because of the overlap. The OEM is a compromise of Fuel economy, environment and power. The stage 1 cam is not so much for fuel economy and environment so I think it would be better. The stage one cam should be more set for higher rpm to. Its the d16z6 engine

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
They usually do DOHC D cams. There are quality issues, at times. They have made some interesting grinds, though.

If it has been run and it is in good shape, it likely fine, and could be a good cam, but, I would try to find out more about it before spending any money on it. A good cam is worth spending money on, but a bad cam is never worth spending the time to install it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might as well go oem or stage 2, stage 1 most people skipp.
I dint plan to change the cam but when i got the offer to buy a stage 1 for 100$ i thought that was interesting. if i shuld get a crower stage 2 its more like 400$ shipped. In theory the stage 1 Na cam should be alto better then the OEM but is it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts