Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys well thouht id drop in with my build. Its a 94 vtec trim del sol turned into a sohc del sol. It had a b16 but stupidly sold it and am almost done swapping a d16z6 in. Its got a em1 front end conversion. Everythings pretty much in just needs a couple more things but heres some picures. Some of yall who look on honda tech should kniw my build but if not then here it is. Comment neg ir pos thanks

And heres a 92 civic i bought to flip or part. Still havnt decided lol d15 non vtec

·
Premium Member
93 del Sol Si
235 Posts
Hey guys well thouht id drop in with my build. Its a 94 vtec trim del sol turned into a sohc del sol. It had a b16 but stupidly sold it and am almost done swapping a d16z6 in.
Definitely the first time I've ever heard of someone doing that... no, wait, that's what the PO did to the Sol that I bought for my daughter before he offered it up for sale (it did start it's life as an S model, though, so it just went back to it's original state). Can't say as I've heard of someone doing it with the intention of keeping it, though. :saddam:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not my fault when i got it it didnt run and i couldnt get the parts to get it running. It had new headgaskets and was half open so i imangined poor work and warped head so found another del sol on craigslist about 3 hrs away and got it and that one ran so swapped it. If i woulda known it was built of course i would have kept it and went to different cities to find the parts but too late for would haves so gotta stick with this z6. It runs pretty good so not really dissapointed but when the guy that bought it called me and i heard it run it hurt... It was fully built with toda vtec killer cams

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
General Tech? This thread should be in the showcase section? Im not a fan of making things slower no matter what it takes to get it running again.

Live and learn with the motor man, gl with build.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea i hear ya but i was kinda in a pickle anyways. If i wouldnt have found the black honda for a donor then i would have just ended up scrapping it since i run a v8 so i woulda just lost a couple hundred and moved on. Atkeast its safe lol

·
Premium Member
93 del Sol Si
235 Posts
It's a damn shame all the way around, but at least this way it's still going to be on the road instead of in the junkyard. Given the number of Sols in various locations being stolen lately, every one that ends up being rescued is one less step closer to their extinction.

I have no complaints about my D16Z6 other than the seemingly endless supply of oil leaks. Every time I fix one, another shows up in a different location! I guess that's the problem with having an engine coming up on 244k miles, but sooner or later I'll have replaced all of the gaskets and finally stop these sneaky leaks. Of course, I'm driving it more for fuel economy than for power- I've still got the DSMs for playtime.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
you gotta do what you gotta do with what you have. lol.

make it run, then properly swap back a delsol front. ;)

EDIT: moved thread to showcase. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for moving to rite section just thought itd be general like on honda tech. Cleaned the civics engine today but gotta finish tomorrow. What would happen if i take the ps pump from the d16 and plug up the lines like cap em off? I dont care for ps and could use the pump on the d15. I know i gotta change the bracket onto the d15 for it to work. Ps on a honda is pointless ive driven trucks without ps so a honda with no ps is like having ps on my tahoe lol

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Thanks for moving to rite section just thought itd be general like on honda tech. Cleaned the civics engine today but gotta finish tomorrow. What would happen if i take the ps pump from the d16 and plug up the lines like cap em off? I dont care for ps and could use the pump on the d15. I know i gotta change the bracket onto the d15 for it to work. Ps on a honda is pointless ive driven trucks without ps so a honda with no ps is like having ps on my tahoe lol
what i did was to loop the lines at the rack and add a little breather. search it, it has been covered before. :)

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,678 Posts
you gotta do what you gotta do with what you have. lol.

make it run, then properly swap a EG front. ;)

EDIT: moved thread to showcase. :)

:ninja:

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
not bad looking, at least better than the actual ek fascia op's ride has.

anyway, i would prefer the proper delsol fascia, but it's up to him to do whatever he thinks it's proper. ;)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts