Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, im thinking about doing another upgrade. I cant decide what i want to do though.

I have the basic I/H/E now, pullies, shorten shifter, 1" drop, rims/tires. I really would rather a bolt on upgrade. No swapping or turbo....

I was thinking about a cam? But its not a great upgrade unless i do the ECU also..So that kinda leaves that out.

So what you think for the bolt on upgrade...or smaller type upgrades...I really dont want to do SC-Turbo. I thought about a shot of NOS, but this is alittle hard to take. I dont want to kill my car. My car is a 00 EX, Y8 motor, about 60k miles.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
cam and tuning would be just about your best bet. nitrous is not bad on a car if you know what you are doing. its not really all that complicated either.
do some research on n2o and if you still have questions come back and ask.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cam and tuning basically comes down to reprograming my ECU? That would mean i would prob have to go to OBD2 to OBD1? What would a Cam and tuning get me in terms of WHP? Worth the cost?

Nos is a thought, can the stock internals handle a 50 shot? I mean, i wouldnt use the NoS all the time, just every once in a while when i need that little kick. How long does a bottle normally last you guys? I know its how much i get on it, but normal use...how long does it last.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
cam and tuning could possible put you around 130whp. which is rather peppy, about that of a b16, but with more torque.
tuning would required converting to obd-1, but ECU, conversion harness, and chip kit is only around 215bucks(thats a high end price) and tuning from there is up to you. either have it tuned, or do it yourself.

a stock engine will easily hold a 50 shot, as long as you know what you are doing. my stock LS went through 2 bottles a week on a 75 shot. and my buddies d16z6 bone stock has been taking a 100shot for over 6 months now without a sign of wear. its all about timing.
i would recommend either a ZEX wet kit, or a Nitrous Express wet kit.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
around 300-500$ depending. I think a cam is way more then what i want to do though. 215$ isnt bad, but the cost of the cam, someone to put it in and tune it i will prob be in the 600-700$ range at least. Depending on what a cam costs. Cam will get me about 13-15WHP?

Would you say a wet kit over a dry kit? How much do you guys pay for NoS where you from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts