Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i should have my current setup ready for this track season, just need some seat time. I'm already looking forward to my next step forward with this car (have to start saving now, lol, plus I've got a second car now). I've got a few options in mind, just wanting some of the more seasoned guys opinions...A lot of it i guess will come after I see track times.

1. Tear down my setup and bump CR up, clean up the head myself and maybe go with a bigger cam or ITBs. Most time consuming, but best on just motor.
2. Install my ZEX dry nitrous kit. This is the cheapest option since all I need is a new bottle and line.
3. Do a LSD tranny and install traction bars. Waiting to see how a buddy's traction bar setup will do before I invest in one
4. Leave it alone. Cheapest, but c'mon, we all wanna go faster right?

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
i say do the itb's, even if you left everything else alone you would see great results. And def dont use a dry nitrous kit with high comp, way way way too risky.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
he's gonna need a great tune. I installed a dry shot on my buddies stang and it leaned out too much. If you convert the kit to a wet kit, that would be awesome and no problems with it being easy to tune.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
build a tranny with a 4.9fd best mod not on the list.
Well that getting pricey, LSD and a new FD. I'm on a budget, probably 1000 or less (depends on how much the 4 dr takes to get running). A 4.7 would be better since I will still be driving the car on the interstate for clinicals.

ITB's would be fun now to experiment with b/c no one around here runs them, which is why i considered them, but I do have a good IM.

Nitrous seems to be the best option for the money, even on 10:1 I think I can tune it out. I could probably trade my buddy for his ZEX wet kit since he's spraying it dry anyway, lol.

Again, a lot of it depends on how it runs at the track. I'll prolly sneak off to the strip when it opens to see whats up. Keep the opinions coming, I'm not set on anything yet.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
i say go with the juice then later on build it with forged rods and high comp pistons. and run it n/a then when someone that's boosted wants to play hit the juice.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
i got my nitrous kit in case i dont hit low 11's. going to inject pre-intercooler to take double advantage of the cooling effect, and of course the extra oxygen

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
build the tranny no doubt. MFactory LSD, an HF 5th and a 4.9 FD

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
build the tranny no doubt. MFactory LSD, an HF 5th and a 4.9 FD
Already got an hf 5th in my tranny...btw you're avatars trippin me out, you're are always crazy.

My only thing with the dry kit is the guy with the wet shot but spraying it dry, has made at least 50 passes on this setup with like a 75 shot. Not saying thats safe, but its not always catastrophic.

With a wet shot, i wouldn't need to really bump fuel or get bigger injector would I?

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well since you got the hf already do the LSD which they sell for around 650 unless you can find a used quaife and do the traction bars. If you still have mulah left do the FD also

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
idk your set up or what racing you are doing but i vote suspension

1 - 18 of 18 Posts