Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys, names edgar , i just picked up my first 1990 civic dx hatch ever, ive only owned DA integra and currently have two , i purchased the civic for 350 off facebook, clean title and all , was bought not running due to missing parts like the distributor and ecu and a hack job on the dpfi to mpfi. but came with the stock d15b2 and transmission but with a d16a6 head that was slightly ported and had the casting cleaned up , and a port matched a6 intake manifold, a 2.25 exhaust and a DC sport muffler , and rear disk already installed , and A/C! so far the head was taken to the machine shop where it got checked out and had it milled .002, i bought a oem d16y8 head gasket , a megan cam gear (yea i know) arp head studs $108 off ebay why not! which i could use later on on a A6 or Z6 too, and a DC sport 4to1 header. for 150 i also have the chance of buying a skunk 2 manifold for 125 but from what i researched i dont think ima need it but for the price IDK. i plan on using DA shocks and h&r spring which i have spare from a previous build on the civic and the DA oem sway bars front and backs, i dont really have a plan for the civic but to get it back up and running , maybe turbo down the road. well that was a bit much but thats the reason for me joining this forums , any advice is appreciated and welcomed

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Welcome.

I would stick with a stock A6 or Z6 intake manifold. Skunk2 wont do much unless youre reving a fair bit higher than stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i appreciate you reading all that lol , so ill go with a port matched z6 manifold , and ima order some thermal gaskets for it too, i didnt see any D series HONDATA thermal gaskets , any suggestions? ZERGS maybe?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts