Set-up:
GReddy 15g kit
DSM 450cc injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
JRC front mount intercooler
GReddy Type-S blow-off valve
D16Z6 head
D16Y8 block

I had been running GReddy e-manage (blue box) and a P28. I recently purchased a "chipped/socketed" ECU from Phearable.net. When you order an ECU from him, you fill out a sheet for all your mods, and he does his best to give you a good basemap according to his experience and cars he's tuned with similar mods. Anyways, the basemap was causing the car to run so rich, it wouldn't even start or keep a steady idle. So I bought the Moates Ostrich, and USB datalogging cable. I also downloaded CROME, and began playing with basemaps. I tried getting my basemap onto the Ostrich, with no luck. Also as far as actually hooking up the Ostrich, to the ECU, I'm a little lost. Do I need to remove the "chip", then plug in the Ostrich?

Please keep in mind I'm completely new to this stuff, just looking for a little help with the basics. I'm sure I'm probably over thinking a thing or two, just want to get the car up and running again...

I've got everything in the picture below besides the chip burner...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Look into it 'cause I got one(wideband) that wasn't compatible with uber or tune. Not that it didn't work. It just takes more time/work to transfer info. Although me having to take my datalogs and transfer them helped with understanding. Your ostrich will do everything with the right wideband and setup.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Look into it 'cause I got one(wideband) that wasn't compatible with uber or tune. Not that it didn't work. It just takes more time/work to transfer info. Although me having to take my datalogs and transfer them helped with understanding. Your ostrich will do everything with the right wideband and setup.

What kind is it? You can scale the voltage.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I will still need a burner even though I have the Ostrich? I just need a decent basemap until I can make it to get tuned. There's no one real local, I just need the car to run at least as good as it did with GReddy e-manage...

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
So I will still need a burner even though I have the Ostrich? I just need a decent basemap until I can make it to get tuned. There's no one real local, I just need the car to run at least as good as it did with GReddy e-manage...
if you want you can get the burner. i never did and im always running off of my ostrich.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts