Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm probably asking some of the same questions that someone else has asked and I'm sorry for that but, I've never messed around with turbocharging so therefore the questions. I've found some turbo kits on ebay for real cheap prices. ebay turbo kit I know there is a lot of stuff that I would need that isn't included. This is why I'm typing right now. I keep seeing alot of post about fuel management/timing. I'm kind of illiterate when it comes to forced induction. I've always been kind of the naturally aspirated kind of guy. By the way I have a 92 CX hb with D15 motor. Any help would be appreciated

Chris

Q

·
0 Posts
rg700b said:
I know I'm probably asking some of the same questions that someone else has asked and I'm sorry for that but, I've never messed around with turbocharging so therefore the questions. I've found some turbo kits on ebay for real cheap prices. ebay turbo kit I know there is a lot of stuff that I would need that isn't included. This is why I'm typing right now. I keep seeing alot of post about fuel management/timing. I'm kind of illiterate when it comes to forced induction. I've always been kind of the naturally aspirated kind of guy. By the way I have a 92 CX hb with D15 motor. Any help would be appreciated

Chris
I will tell you now if it has anything to do with ssautochrome or xs power stay away
ssautochrome=garbage also known as xs power and there are a few other names they use)

buy a greddy kit or drag kit or if you are going to piece one together use good quality parts no cheap garbage

·
Registered
280 Posts
^ yea supposedly abaz from HMT is using everything from them to test it out, he got it all for free. there is a new manifold that is supposedly welded twice and braced.

we'll see how it goes tho. but even if his products are good NOW, i wouldnt want to support a business guy who has screwed so many people knowing his stuff sucks.

matt

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
the old mani's break because they are 2 different metals, the downpipe is ony 1.79" diameter, the turbo is not warrentied (even though they say it is) OR

Hf mani $50
garrett turbo $300
custom downpipe $50
wastegate $50

thats only $450. All of those clips and fittings and tubes and basically everything else I was able to buy at ACE hardware.
I bought this same kit, and after getting it and deliberating, I have decided that I wish I just bought everything seperate....take my warning, do the same.

A

·
0 Posts
rg700b said:

Chris
stay away from ssautochrome.

get the greddy turbo kit on ebay from CitySpeed. they sell them cheap and are pretty good to start with if you are completely new to turbos.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
It doesn’t even come with oil lines, BOV, or any kind of fuel management. Also as Mark said that 1.75” DP will not cut it. Don’t think it’s a bargain because it’s incomplete.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
My best advise to u is read up on turbo's, and then check how many ppl have been successful w/ those ssauto kits. Imho i wouldnt put those kits on my car.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
mikeD16Z6 said:
It doesn’t even come with oil lines, BOV, or any kind of fuel management. Also as Mark said that 1.75” DP will not cut it. Don’t think it’s a bargain because it’s incomplete.

I think the only thing Im using is the BOV. Oil lines I bought seperate. All the fittings I was able to get at a hardware store (brass fittings). I will be getting a seperate turbo, and using the hf mani.....seeing is beliving, and belive me, this stuff isnt that great. It really isnt worth the $550.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
necro said:
My best advise to u is read up on turbo's, and then check how many ppl have been successful w/ those ssauto kits. Imho i wouldnt put those kits on my car.

agreed, its just not worth it. For the same price as they are asking, for what you are going to be able to use from thye kit, you can get the same stuff, brand name, just not package together in one shitty little ssauto package....really, the stuff sucks, I have most of it if anyone wants it....I may just melt it down and make a collar for a dog.....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
your avator is cracking me up!!! I fired mine up and oil was pissing out the exhaust side.....make sure if you buy one, put it on right away, becasue "supposedly" they warrenty the turbos, but you need to have all the recipts, has to be within like 90 days, not modified, whole buch of other stupid gay ass shit....

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
mark7901 said:
your avator is cracking me up!!! I fired mine up and oil was pissing out the exhaust side.....make sure if you buy one, put it on right away, becasue "supposedly" they warrenty the turbos, but you need to have all the recipts, has to be within like 90 days, not modified, whole buch of other stupid gay ass shit....
it was already ran on my bud's GSR for about 2000 miles, so i know its good

1 - 18 of 18 Posts