Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 civic dx. I would love to buy a d16z6 but all i can find for sale is the JDM d15b. The place selling it is asking 700$. My guestion for you is, on the d15b can I use eagle rods or does it use the same rods as my usdm d15b7? Also if i build the d15b with rods and pistons will it be as strong as a d16z6 built with rods and pistons? shooting for 300hp with turbo thanks.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
ebay d15b= 590 shipped west coast to eastcoast.

if you live further out west or central us itll be cheaper.

same rods as the d16z6. have fun! as for pistons, you will need to get in touch with endyne and have a set machined.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. I am just a little doubtful about the d15b internals. I thought that basicaly the d15b had the same internals as the usdm dx,lx,vx models but with a vtec head. Where as you could not use d16z6 rods on them.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
thanks guys. I am just a little doubtful about the d15b internals. I thought that basicaly the d15b had the same internals as the usdm dx,lx,vx models but with a vtec head. Where as you could not use d16z6 rods on them.
close.. the d15b uses z6 rod length.. d15b is like the vx d15z1 motor except it has different pistons and a p08-z6 head

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
D15B VTEC motors can use Vitara pistons if you want boost. If you want NA, good luck with that......
has yet to be proven... its still a toss up weather they are too tal or not....

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
There are folks on TurboD16, and HT as well I believe running D15B's with Vitara's......
yep.. howabout tt rods and vitaras.. search turbod16 its on there

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
o nice I knew vitarsas had some "slap" in the d16's cool that they work :)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
pfff 1.5 sounds more pissed off then a 1.6 :)

feels smoother then the 1.6's IMO.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I just got it cuz I couldnt find a z6 localy and this was cheaper.

being JDM is always a plus! its like 10whp at least!

plus I dont think less then .1 of a leter makes a huge difference I think its more driver and chassi then anything else if both are stockish cars.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
lol... ive rode in and raced a few d15bs... my zc outruns them before i cammed it.. now it isnt even funny...
i wasnt impressed in any that ive rode in either
its a jdm fad imo
lmfao i got 20 bux says my d15z1 beats your "zc"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts