Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I decided i was going to stay NA on my Z6 engine so i purchased some A6 pistons and a Y8 headgasket to raise the compression.I currently have for the engine

PnP Intake Manifold
5 stage Valve job on head
Skunk2 valves
Agressive Pnp on head
Skunk cam gear
Zex camshaft Stage 2
A6 pistons
Y8 Head Gasket

And i am now contemplating wether to run boost??

Firstly i believe the A6 pistons and Y8 head gasket would run at 10.5:1 compression,would it be worthwhile returning to stock pistons? and a thicker headgasket to raise compression?

Would the camshaft be okay?

I have produced a list of what i would need,can anyone add specific makes/models/sizes of products to purchase?

T3 Turbo i understand T3/T4 have turbo lag?
HKS or other high quality turbo manifold
1 U-bend pipe radius 3-4"
1 45 degree
4 90 degree
Intercooler
Blow Off Valve (Blitz)
Turbo Oil line kit
Downpipe
Vacumn Lines
Fuel managment (Hondata)
450cc Injectors
NGK 2 step colder spark plugs
External Wastegate Tial 38mm?
Walboro 255lph Fuel Pump
Air/Fuel Gauge

Anything else?

Does anyone have any experience of being in my position and carrying out a turbo conversion on this engine with similar modifications?

What prices have people's complete turbo's costed?

What power increase's are likely over my NA set up??

Anything you could give me with regards to my post would be good,i have read all the stickies and thought u might be able to lend a hand

Thanks guys

Chris

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
im no motor building guy but i dont think a thicker head gasket will raise you compretion, a thinner one yes but not a thicker one... sorry i cant be any more help to you...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
Martinogdenbsx said:
ah well

Just an idea :p
just wait some other people who know more about what you are trying do should help you out... be patient...

·
Random Hero
2,624 Posts
thicker headgasket will lower compression. I'm pretty sure that's what you meant anyways....

But I'd just run the stock z6 engine. I've got 165k+ on mine running 10+ lbs on a 60-1 T3, making ~200whp.

After you get her all turboed up I'd think about rebuilding, you'll have a better idea of what you want after you're boosted. I'm a fan of high(er) compression turbo builds. 10.5 shouldn't be too hard to tune after you figure out what you're doing.

turbo setup costs can go anywhere from $300-$3000. Just depends on who you know, what you know and how deep your pockets go.

·
Random Hero
2,624 Posts
yea, you could use the y8 gasket. ryan made a good point. but if you only want to shoot for a certian power level (to start out with).

Higher compression will just let you boost less to make the same power vs. a low compression higher boost setup.

remember it isn't the amount of boost, it's the amount of power the engine can make before breaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts