Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my first car a few monthes ago (2005 EX Auto trans) had some basic maintenance done such as, replacing radiator and oil head gasket. As well as after market exhaust.
I wanna enhance performance (D17A2 with vtec). What are some basic modifications along with tuning i can do for <2500 usd, if there is any lol
I’m incredibly new to this so sorry if I left any key info out

·
Registered
90 Civic LX / 90 CRX HF
80 Posts
Depends what you mean by basic. Someone will tell you a turbo build is fairly basic and some might say manual swapping it is basic. If by basic you mean simple bolt on mods I'm afraid there isn't too much you can do. The D series family of motors is notorious for making almost zero extra power with bolt ons. That being said you could always throw a good set of coil overs, good wheels and tires, and some misc suspension mods at the car too.

A good set of high compression pistons rods are under your budget tho and that will definitely bump power.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends what you mean by basic. Someone will tell you a turbo build is fairly basic and some might say manual swapping it is basic. If by basic you mean simple bolt on mods I'm afraid there isn't too much you can do. The D series family of motors is notorious for making almost zero extra power with bolt ons. That being said you could always throw a good set of coil overs, good wheels and tires, and some misc suspension mods at the car too.

A good set of high compression pistons rods are under your budget tho and that will definitely bump power.

Good luck
As much as I’d want to I don’t see any point in turboing an auto, so I might just go with suspension since one of the previous owner already put some nice wheels & tires on.
that stinks About bolt ons but oh well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Good luck
Do you have any coilovers you could recommend for 7th gen civics?

·
Registered
90 Civic LX / 90 CRX HF
80 Posts
I have Truhart streetpluses on my EF. They're fairly stiff but the ride quality isn't too bad. Although a cheaper option would be MaXpeedingrods' coilovers, which also have adjustable dampening. As long as you don't have any reservation for chinese parts, I hear that they are fairly good for a budget set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts