Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol any ways, so i need to do a bottom end rebuild, i just hade my head done, deck shaved, blah blah... any ways, so ive heard on a few site, and no i havent gone through google yet, i was hoping some with the know how, could just answer my question...

what pistons can be used with a D15B7, ive heard i think the "Vitira" pistons... out of a toyota? and i think i heard HX or VX pistons are stronger?

any ways, my idea is, instead of buying the rebuild kit for $500, i might get some junkyard parts, and piece together a stronger motor, with some mismatched internal parts from stronger motors? if this wont work just help me out and tell me to drop it.

also, any other ideas would be helpful, and if your going to be an ass, and tell me to look some were else, cuz i am right now lol, i just like to here it straigt forward.. thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
what pistons can be used with a D15B7, ive heard i think the "Vitira" pistons... out of a toyota? and i think i heard HX or VX pistons are stronger?

Ah crap, you've done it man....the shits gonna hit the fan lol

I want to help you, I really do...but I'm not sure you are gonna make it. Google vitara piston and figure out where these mystical pistons originated from....or delete this thread and start over. Quick! Before anyone else sees it...

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
to late gotcha lol
lol any ways, so i need to do a bottom end rebuild, i just hade my head done, deck shaved, blah blah... any ways, so ive heard on a few site, and no i havent gone through google yet, i was hoping some with the know how, could just answer my question...

any ways, my idea is, instead of buying the rebuild kit for $500, i might get some junkyard parts, and piece together a stronger motor, with some mismatched internal parts from stronger motors? if this wont work just help me out and tell me to drop it.

also, any other ideas would be helpful, and if your going to be an ass, and tell me to look some were else, cuz i am right now lol, i just like to here it straigt forward.. thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I cant remember, i know it was' not much, i had a burnt exhaust valve, had it replaced, the deck was milled or shaved, every thing cleaned up.

and someone told me pistons out of a toyota would go in a d15b7 for a turbo build? flame me if necessary, again im just learning this shit lol

my bad... Suzuki not toyota... oh shit, im dead.

·
Registered
296 Posts
since I'm a noob too, and havent had the knowledge to previously answer this 100 times already :)

Vitaras you got it, came in a suzuki vitara!

they come in 3 sizes from what I gather 75 (standard bore for both suzuki and D series) 75.5 and 76

75 will most likely leave you with a large piston to wall clearance and cause 'vitara slap' see youtube

75.5 or 76 max, is a good choice because if your doing all this, might as well do it right and once, get your block bored and honed to accept the 75.5's and get correct piston to wall clearance.

And you might as well throw some new rods in there to get your compression back, personally I got FJ distributors I beams, but I see eagle H beams and others that work as well..

fjdistributors.com

Hope that helps

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
since I'm a noob too, and havent had the knowledge to previously answer this 100 times already :)

Vitaras you got it, came in a suzuki vitara!

they come in 3 sizes from what I gather 75 (standard bore for both suzuki and D series) 75.5 and 76

75 will most likely leave you with a large piston to wall clearance and cause 'vitara slap' see youtube

75.5 or 76 max, is a good choice because if your doing all this, might as well do it right and once, get your block bored and honed to accept the 75.5's and get correct piston to wall clearance.

And you might as well throw some new rods in there to get your compression back, personally I got FJ distributors I beams, but I see eagle H beams and others that work as well..

fjdistributors.com

Hope that helps
:td:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks, but if i wasnt going to turbo my motor... just to rebuild, are HX or VX pistons better than DX pistons? and what other internal swaps can i make?

thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
so basicly you wanting a piston to make it stronger? oem are oem as for "strongness" they are all cast. .if you arent gonna add a power adder there is no point to add a "stronger" piston. add a stock oem piston that raises the CR. Vitara pistons are also Cast,but mildy forged...do a lil research and you can see the diff between the vitara cast vs OEM cast. Vitara also have a teflon coating i believe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts