Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just wanted to let everyone know that zealautowerks has been working on a new horsepower calculator.
the calc is now up and usable.
atm the accuracy seems to be within 3hp of oem specifications.

this is just the beginning! the calc will soon be able to incorporate aftermarket addons as well.

http://www.zealautowerks.com/horsepower.html

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
damn, im gonna have to run 28 psi and rev to 9000 rpms to break 400 :(

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
thats cool, but i need to rev to 24k :shocked: and have a racing pnp to achieve more than 500hp na

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats cool, but i need to rev to 24k :shocked: and have a racing pnp to achieve more than 500hp na

psh! 24k rpm is TOTALLY doable. i was doing 30k rpm back in 1980!
:p haha

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
damn my lil vtec d15b will be spinning nicely :)

130hp at 7200rpm, its what I was plaing on anyway akmee cam and 7600 rev limit.

damn good calc IMO!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry for the site being temporarily down. local provider took a crap.
maybe time to find someone new.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I don't think th eboost portion is acurate at all, unless you are using a compressor map for equations that are really innefficient. I put in the specs for my ZC (DOHC flavor) and 15PSI and only came up with 269HP. That is fairly low from a lot of the dynocharts I have been staring at lately. Other than that, it seems pretty accurate for stock stuff.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
It's not accounting for proper tuning methinks. Just consider it a lowball figure.

·
Registered
146 Posts
yea everything is spot on but the boost wont be correct unless you can enter in a/r's and such but i cant even imagine the math involved so good shit for even getting that far LOL, still is nice having a ballpark though my outcome was ever so slightly lower than what im shooting for.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts