Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
....well I am actually joining the zc club as we type. I have wanted a zc for a few years now. I saw a posting on a local forum. A guy was selling a zc out of a running car. I went over and it had the harness but no dizzy. looked like a good long block. I have him 225 for it.
I have been getting parts together for the past month.
the car is an 89 crx si.
-new proclutch stage 1 clutch
-lightened 97' flywheel ( 11 lbs. )
-generic intake
-catback w/turbo style muffler
-zc upper manifold w/ 95 civic ex lower manifold
-Bonus...the car cam with skunk2 camgears in blue ( might need some help setting timing. I gues they are one tooth off on the markings? )
-short throw shifter with e.s. bushings
I dropped off the car this mourning at my local mexican mechanic shop. They have swapped several motors on my dads work trucks and I know that they do good work. It should be ready tomarow night. I yold them that I would wire the dizzy. they are doing the swap for 350.

I cant tell you guys how exitied I am to be driving a zc powered crx. I have been wanting a lightweight flywheel for a long time also.

I am going to do this car right. no hack jobs or b.s.
my plans include
-milling the head about .030
-header or stock 96 and up ex exhaust mainifold ( they are lightweight, tubular designed and cheap.
-running a pm6 chipped with a stock pm7 chip ( already have this)
-adjustible regulator.
-dyno tunning with turbo edit
-Dreaming of red rota gt3's
-delta cams

Thats it for my wish list .
please feel free to add anything that might be helpful
I am glad to be apart of this group.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
i like your manifold combo, ZC upper, SI/EX lower...I had to do that before too.

rethink your y8 header choice...the 99/2k ones are the ones you want, not the 96-98, those suck

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohhh..ok I will do that on the header....
on my last y7 motor that i had in the crx. I changed to a y8 inake mani and a b18 throttle body. I loved it . I want to add a b-series tb and the 88- 89 intake manifold. Portmatched of course. I love doing the little things that sometimes get overlooked. Like adding camgears or a fpr maybe an intake mani gasket from nextgear. I am going to do a DIY grounding kit also (HKS Style).

---I love the look of the stock airbox with some larger tubeing. What aibox and what tubing should I look for? I am tired of this ebay shortram intake that came with the car.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Silent Knight said:
ohhh..ok I will do that on the header....
on my last y7 motor that i had in the crx. I changed to a y8 inake mani and a b18 throttle body. I loved it . I want to add a b-series tb and the 88- 89 intake manifold. Portmatched of course. I love doing the little things that sometimes get overlooked. Like adding camgears or a fpr maybe an intake mani gasket from nextgear. I am going to do a DIY grounding kit also (HKS Style).

---I love the look of the stock airbox with some larger tubeing. What aibox and what tubing should I look for? I am tired of this ebay shortram intake that came with the car.
I think you can put a Teg GSR tube and box in, dont quote me tho

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks man....I am picking it up tomarrow night. I will wire up the dizzy right there in the lot and hopefully it will fire on the first try. I will have to take it ease for the first 500 miles while the clutch breaks in. after that I will put in the pm7 chip and see what it will do.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dyno tunning is one of those "little things" that that I am going to do/ just get the air/fuel and timing optimized on the first trip. then get cam gears dialed in on the next trip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts