Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got this turbo on the cheap and have no idea what it is lol. The compressor wheel was chipped so I removed it,but anyone have any idea what turbo this is? Compressor says M24 EC-1 A/R.70 and CCS61 on the side that bolts to plate.

Exhaust says Garrett MI 63 here are some pics!

googled but come up with 20 diff kinds it could be lol

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
The compressor looks like its from a Precision 6152, based on research, but the Garrett exhaust side made me look further. Apparently the Precision and GT35R are closely related so the answer is, you have a GT35.

Just to be sure typed it in to google and got these:

GT35 turbo .70 - Google Search

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive had a few others saying its a GT35 as-well. Thats pretty sweet! Esp if yall knew how much I paid..wait I didnt pay shit! Just cleaned out a storage unit ( was said it was all trash and could keep anything) and this was in it! just has an ate up compressor wheel. compressor is fine tho! besides the Oring on compressor to backplate =)

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so it does have shaft play. no up and down play. only side to side. like if i press the shaft to exhuast side, the exhiast wheel rubs....if i pull it to compressor side its a smooth as a baby but...does this need a rebuilf i assume?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aiite. damn it lol guess thats why they left it. Need a damn compressor wheel which im seeing is $70-80 alone.. plus a rebuild. smh oh wells.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got the same turbo for my dad's turbo LS/Vtec integra comp size is 61mm and exhuast size is 56mm. going to try and make around 500HP
sweet. how much longer you got?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

whatever it is...Im sure the D will love it=)

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol. yep. told ya it needs a rebuild!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Seems worth it to me: free housing > $100 rebuild > phat turbo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts