Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
picked this up for a 100, was gonna buy the dsm 450 injectors too but he wanted another 100 which i said na, wanted both for 150 tho ;/

bout to research wat kind of turbo but i think its from a eclipse t25

mr187909
466491-3003a
yb1610j

ar.48
m10

n5s
h2

E: from what i got its a T25 turbo off a DSM 2.0
every marking on the turbo lol

·
Registered
731 Posts
Belive thats one of the saab turbos thats got the gay wastegate flange. Idk id rock it on a stock d16 as long as its not coolant cooled (coolant cooled turbos are kind of a hassle IMO) and cut off that stupid bend that they put on the compressor outlet.

Looks like the flange is t3??? more turbo experts will come in on this im sure lol

·
Registered
731 Posts
My old saab turbo was a garrett but it was a lot different than this one. sooooo....... I guess im not the person to ask lol please continue

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
thats a DSM T25 from 2G eclipse/talon. im running one now. its a quick spooler, i see 10 psi at 3,000 rpms. top end isnt too great. the flange is a DSM flange. im running water to it , it wasnt a hastle. kinugawa sells good M14x1.5 banjo kit for it. i have lots of pics in my profile. plys vid if you search " crx done " on youtube...

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
mitsubishi uses its own flange design so its nit a standard T2 flange. customfabshop.com makes the best flange adapters

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
I say do it up. Should make like 200whp/180ftlbs, probably run out of steam around 6500rpm-7000rpm depending how much boost you run.

It will shred 2nd gear and feel super fast.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
on my car I get 10psi on its factory waste gate and power goes flat around 6,000rpm. boost comes on strong when crusing. my crx is an SI and when im doing 60 in 5th im at 3,000 rpm. that's the sweet spot where full boost comes in. its a real responsive turbo perfect for autocross, perfect for launching out of corners. even from a stand still you can take off pretty quick without having to dump the clutch at a higher rpm...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanks guys, im wondering if i should create a build thread lol

bought a 97 LX sedan non running (dizzy i think), holy shit is it CHAOS when i tore it apart Lool (chopped wires behind climate control, rear seat butt cushion was WET and nasty, oh man!!!!!)

my plan with this turbo is either:

stock y7 turbo w/ arp headstuds (going light build aiming for 150-200WHP)
and have the y8 on the side (which i have, just gotta pick it up and rebuild completely bc last owner did something to make it not run anymore)

im gonna be ordering this, seems cheap lmk wat u guys think!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221267282239?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

E:if anyone wants to follow my SLOW build thread or check out what i got so far here it is:
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=49554589#post49554589

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
thanks guys, im wondering if i should create a build thread lol

bought a 97 LX sedan non running (dizzy i think), holy shit is it CHAOS when i tore it apart Lool (chopped wires behind climate control, rear seat butt cushion was WET and nasty, oh man!!!!!)

my plan with this turbo is either:

stock y7 turbo w/ arp headstuds (going light build aiming for 150-200WHP)
and have the y8 on the side (which i have, just gotta pick it up and rebuild completely bc last owner did something to make it not run anymore)

im gonna be ordering this, seems cheap lmk wat u guys think!

DSM TD05 T25 to T3 Adaptor Turbo Manifold Flange Adapter | eBay

E:if anyone wants to follow my SLOW build thread or check out what i got so far here it is:
my own track thread, 97 LX sedan build thread! - Honda-Tech
Don't get that one. one . the turbo will hang low since that in us about 2 inch in hight.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
i have a d16z6 edelbrock performer X intake manifold so im set on that

looks like ill be orderin the smaller dsm to t3 adapter for the 60 bucks linked above
of course once i have a manifold to

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
new update, i gotten dsm 450's used for 60 bucks from a guy in the rich side of the region lol, hopefully its good.
sucks i found a place to flowtest em its about 10-20 bucks PER injector, HOLY SHIET! lol
and create a resistor box,
but also quick question

what are good SATURATED injectors that is good to 300-350WHP

(even tho im aiming for 250, u know what they say u get hungrier for more power lol

heres the injectors

e: my build thread
password is my D-SERIES acc name without caps, all lowercase letters
http://s81.photobucket.com/user/1994_12_2006/library/MY SLOWLY 97 LX SEDAN BUILD PICS

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ya black tops are supposed to atomize fuel better I would run them from now people SAY you can make 300 on them pretty easily on a d16 I wouldnt worry about upgrades for now. Plus i've noticed its like dsm 450's $50 bucks then the next step up say a pair of 750's is $200 so no you cant beat the price.

What flange are you going to end up using then OP??? that $25 dollar flange is super cheap but on my my d16 with a garrett t25 and HF manifold alone the turbo hung WAY lower than I thought it would. Idk.....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts