Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I started my car for the first time in 6 months today. In that time I installed a turbo, mani, down pipe and fuel system. Fuel systems consists of a Full Blown 340lph pump, -6 lines, Aeromotive A1000 and a high flow filter. Fuel pressure is set at 42-43psi.

Now, I went to start the car and the AFR is around 16 and gets leaner… I don't know if I am getting this reading because of the open down pipe and the sensor is near the opening??? Cold starts if I remember correctly were around 14-13. I've only let the car run for about a total of 30 seconds. Maybe 10-15 seconds at a time to make sure I wasn't having issues.

Second issue is the car is blowing a decent amount of smoke out of the exhaust. It is not black nor blue. More of a steady stream of white. Not sure what to make of it…

Am I alright? This car racks my nerves sometimes...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew white smoke is normally coolant but the car did NOT burn anything before I garaged it. I did nothing that would alter that either.

The AEM wideband has never been calibrated. It was brand new as of last fall. Maybe 200 miles on it.

Another weird thing… My CEL just came on and is now staying on steady when I turn the car on.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Pull the code and see what it is, then we can go from there.

If it wasn't tune before I'm thinking it's dumping fuel and just coming out white because it's not burnt.

There was a guy in here that could light his exhaust because it was blowing white fuel vapors

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked the code. Its not throwing a code. All I am getting is a CEL…

The car was tuned before it was garaged. Same tune unless my Hondata is effing up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now, I did a little bit of investigating and I had a blown fuse. Replaced it and I got code 41. Primary Oxygen sensor. It is not hooked up.

I think I figured it out. I'm supposed to take my white wire from my AEM UEGO and tap it into pin D10 on the ECU. Then I'm supposed to change some settings in Hondata. Put it in closed loop, disable O2 heater, etc…

Correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts