Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've started piecing together my new turbo build, and after some waiting, some parts have finally arrived. I will begin the motor build between tomorrow and Friday.

Here are some of the parts have arrived:

This is a Garrett T3/TO4E 54 Trim Turbo from www.blaastperformance.com

Here is a shot of the Manifold. It is a CCFAB Miniram.

cont........

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turbonetics DeltaGate 38mm wastegate.......(thank you red_hatchback)

7 Bolt Blockoff flange (downpipe flange) from blaastperformance.com

Oil line kit from blaastperformance.com

Turbo XS Dual stage boost controller

Bar and plate FMIC........28 X 6 X 3

And a pic of all the parts thus far together

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Everything looks good...except the wastegate, i've heard those arent very good, but then again i have no personal experience. Looks like the kit should be fun!

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i will keep the thread updated with my engine build and with more parts as they come in.

that turbo is a damn giant.....it was supposed to be a .60 .63 but the guy at blaast went ahead and made it a .70 because it was 2.5" outlet, and he said spool time would not change that much.

i hope hes right, because the turbo is huge.....i just hope my motor can spool it in time (hopefully before 5k)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Everything looks good...except the wastegate, i've heard those arent very good, but then again i have no personal experience.
the WGs work fine. the only reason they have a bad name is because of the mani they were sold with in the drag kit. bad WG placement causes creep...

he wont have a single problem with the WG on that mani

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
the WGs work fine. the only reason they have a bad name is because of the mani they were sold with in the drag kit. bad WG placement causes creep...

he wont have a single problem with the WG on that mani
Thanks for clearing that up! :TU:

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
On the way:

-Lucas 550cc DSM injectors (brand new!) picked them up for $200 shipped!
-2.5" IC piping
-y8 Skunk2 Intake manifold
-ACT Xtreme pressure plate w/ performance street disc clutch kit
-Walbro 255lph LOW pressure fuel pump
-Gasket kits
-3" downpipe (got it from ebay for $27 shipped.....hell of a steal!)
-SVE 3 bar map sensor
-OBX LSD
-EVO 8 BOV
-Autometer boost and oil pressure guages.
-Probably more that i forgot

And a Full motor build! I will list those parts as they come.....but as of right now this is all the ups man has brought to me....the other stuff is on the way!!!! :TU:

motor comes out between tomorrow and friday so i can start the build. ill have build pics so keep checking back!

and with the manifold. It is a CCFAB and i know that they have a negative past, but i heard they were doing better because corey took over. I would like to go ahead and say that this info is true, well, at least with my dealings with them. I bought the mani from ebay, and he kept very good communication with me on the progress of the manifold and as to when it would be shipped out. Took about a week and a half to receive and it is great quality. i am very impressed. I have never done anything with turbos on my car before, so does anyone reccommend bracing this manifold. it looks and feels sturdy, but i thought id ask since it is tubular and everything?

thanks for all of the comments

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any one ever run that big of a turbo before? it kinda worries me because its so big....i just hope i can spool it!

post your comments on it

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
any one ever run that big of a turbo before? it kinda worries me because its so big....i just hope i can spool it!

post your comments on it
It is gonna spool fine, and since you are building the motor your gonna love that turbo. My buddy has on on his h23 and it spools up pretty good...

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what is the exhaust a/r on that snail?
.60 or .63 i believe

will it say it on there?

the original specs for the turbo were .63 .60, and its upgraded to .70 now so its either .60 or .63

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
you won't have any problem spooling that turbo
I have a little smaller TO3/4 (@63 A/R, I think) and I have boost at @3k rpms full boost at almost 4300 or less depending the gear of course.

Your setup is good looking! Where you got the map sensor? I might need one and get rid of the missing link...

Are you going to chip your ecu?

1 - 20 of 148 Posts