Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've started piecing together my new turbo build, and after some waiting, some parts have finally arrived. I will begin the motor build between tomorrow and Friday.

Here are some of the parts have arrived:

This is a Garrett T3/TO4E 54 Trim Turbo from www.blaastperformance.com

Here is a shot of the Manifold. It is a CCFAB Miniram.

cont........

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turbonetics DeltaGate 38mm wastegate.......(thank you red_hatchback)

7 Bolt Blockoff flange (downpipe flange) from blaastperformance.com

Oil line kit from blaastperformance.com

Turbo XS Dual stage boost controller

Bar and plate FMIC........28 X 6 X 3

And a pic of all the parts thus far together

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Everything looks good...except the wastegate, i've heard those arent very good, but then again i have no personal experience. Looks like the kit should be fun!

Reactions: 94z6ex

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i will keep the thread updated with my engine build and with more parts as they come in.

that turbo is a damn giant.....it was supposed to be a .60 .63 but the guy at blaast went ahead and made it a .70 because it was 2.5" outlet, and he said spool time would not change that much.

i hope hes right, because the turbo is huge.....i just hope my motor can spool it in time (hopefully before 5k)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Everything looks good...except the wastegate, i've heard those arent very good, but then again i have no personal experience.
the WGs work fine. the only reason they have a bad name is because of the mani they were sold with in the drag kit. bad WG placement causes creep...

he wont have a single problem with the WG on that mani

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
the WGs work fine. the only reason they have a bad name is because of the mani they were sold with in the drag kit. bad WG placement causes creep...

he wont have a single problem with the WG on that mani
Thanks for clearing that up! :TU:

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
On the way:

-Lucas 550cc DSM injectors (brand new!) picked them up for $200 shipped!
-2.5" IC piping
-y8 Skunk2 Intake manifold
-ACT Xtreme pressure plate w/ performance street disc clutch kit
-Walbro 255lph LOW pressure fuel pump
-Gasket kits
-3" downpipe (got it from ebay for $27 shipped.....hell of a steal!)
-SVE 3 bar map sensor
-OBX LSD
-EVO 8 BOV
-Autometer boost and oil pressure guages.
-Probably more that i forgot

And a Full motor build! I will list those parts as they come.....but as of right now this is all the ups man has brought to me....the other stuff is on the way!!!! :TU:

motor comes out between tomorrow and friday so i can start the build. ill have build pics so keep checking back!

and with the manifold. It is a CCFAB and i know that they have a negative past, but i heard they were doing better because corey took over. I would like to go ahead and say that this info is true, well, at least with my dealings with them. I bought the mani from ebay, and he kept very good communication with me on the progress of the manifold and as to when it would be shipped out. Took about a week and a half to receive and it is great quality. i am very impressed. I have never done anything with turbos on my car before, so does anyone reccommend bracing this manifold. it looks and feels sturdy, but i thought id ask since it is tubular and everything?

thanks for all of the comments

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
any one ever run that big of a turbo before? it kinda worries me because its so big....i just hope i can spool it!

post your comments on it

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what is the exhaust a/r on that snail?
.60 or .63 i believe

will it say it on there?

the original specs for the turbo were .63 .60, and its upgraded to .70 now so its either .60 or .63

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
you won't have any problem spooling that turbo
I have a little smaller TO3/4 (@63 A/R, I think) and I have boost at @3k rpms full boost at almost 4300 or less depending the gear of course.

Your setup is good looking! Where you got the map sensor? I might need one and get rid of the missing link...

Are you going to chip your ecu?

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.