Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now i have a real fucking problem. Picked up a tranny the other day got it all together, went for a drive, and above 20 or so if its under load it makes this clunking kinda noise...IDK how to explain it, sounds like the axles kinda, well i jack it up and put it in first and its wobblying hella bad, i hit the gas and the whole car is shaking like a mofo and when you look under it, it seems as the passenger side axle might be bent? It's not the same axle i've been using, it's the one i got from a friend on friday. I'm sorta leaning towards that being the issue, unless it can be a tranny issue? Anyone that might have ANY insight, feel free to chime in. Thanks a bunch :D

Edit: Tomorrow i'm gonna try to put in my old axle even though it has a torn boot and see if that solves the problem.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If there is a chance that there is a bent axle that would be your wobble. Change that axle and see if that fixes it. If you find out that its not a axle pm i have a tranny fs. Don't know why it would cause a clunking noise but i have ran across stranger things.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there is a chance that there is a bent axle that would be your wobble. Change that axle and see if that fixes it. If you find out that its not a axle pm i have a tranny fs. Don't know why it would cause a clunking noise but i have ran across stranger things.
I'm hoping it is, cause seriously i don't feel like taking this tranny that i JUST put in right back out.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Damn. Hope it isnt anything serious. If its the axle then thank goodness its just that but if no then damn CJ. hahaha. This just puts you in the hole where everyone just say go hydro lol

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn. Hope it isnt anything serious. If its the axle then thank goodness its just that but if no then damn CJ. hahaha. This just puts you in the hole where everyone just say go hydro lol
I hope it is man, if not im selling the fucking car lol.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why the tranny swap????

reuse your old axle????

$1 on a wrong year axle.
My other SI cable's diff shit on me.

Nope thats why i think it was the axle. I only changed the passenger side since it had a ripped boot.

I have an 88 hf crx, 91 db1 brakes/spindles, 98 d16y8 and wWAS using the axle for the y8 but i decided since i had a ripped boot id switch with one i got from a buddy. The one i got from him was out 92-95 civic cx, and the one i was running was out of a 98 civic. I really pray its the axle, if it is, ill give you that dollar bone lol

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AFAIK 92-00 axles are the same, you NEED a 88-91 axle.
Hmmmm.... I was running the 98 axle before this one and never had a problem :wacko:

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
most likely the axle, from experience from my old ed's hit n run, wen i was taking her home, it made a clunking,chugging noise like an old style train. wen i tore into it, i found that the driver side axle was bent and was hitting the sub-frame. replaced it n it never made noise again

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have a 98 d16y8 with si cable trans and i run 91 civic axles dx,lx, si, it all matches.
I think i'm gonna grab some new axles then cause idk, i've been running the axle from the EJ8 this whole time. Damn cars lol

Swap axles :)
fine! lol, in a bit, i'm still sore as shit from yesterday :(

take the good boot on the bad axle and replace your ripped boot on the good axle.
Sadly i never knew you could do that until recently, everytime one of my axle boots would rip i'd just go buy a new axle :3dtard:

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
dont buy the aftermarket boots. i did that a long time ago and man what a fucking pain that was. to get the new boot on you gotta take off the CV joint to install the boot. just fyi

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dont buy the aftermarket boots. i did that a long time ago and man what a fucking pain that was. to get the new boot on you gotta take off the CV joint to install the boot. just fyi
Oh lord, more shit i don't know how to do :willy_nilly:

I'm not gonna fuck with it then, unless you feel like making a road trip, that shit is goin in with a torn boot lol

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Butt seks? LOL!!!!!!!! :greddy:
Too much of it :pinch:

That transmission fucked me up, so much blood lost lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts