Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 civic ex with a Jdm D15b converted to obd1...my question is besides a turbo kit what all do i need to upgrade or replace to get a turbo running in my car...also is a jdm d15b worth boosting??? soory for the noob question just want to get the most out of my car.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
use the search and you will find a lot of info

·
Registered
371 Posts
clutch would be a good thought, fuel pump, chipped ecu, and a wideband to keep track of your tune so you can see if somthings wronge, those would be the basics i would say but im shure someone will chime in with a few other things

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
clutch would be a good thought, fuel pump, chipped ecu, and a wideband to keep track of your tune so you can see if somthings wronge, those would be the basics i would say but im shure someone will chime in with a few other things
He got most of it, a little searching and you'll see what pieces are missing.

The d15 will take a little bit of abuse but not too much. 8psi for a fun DD and you'll be golden

·
Registered
13 Posts
to be quite honest i would just resreach for quite a few months, find build threads similar to what you want to do, one of the first things i would do before boosting if you dont plan on rebuilding the block at all is a compression test to see if your engine is healthy or not, for sure and no matter what a head gasket along with ARP head studs, and a timing belt and tensioner for cheap insurance.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
JDM d15b's are awesome with the right turbo. I wouldn't bother with a fuel pump but a mildly upgraded clutch is a good idea.

·
Canihazmoniez
683 Posts
definately look into a great tune.. my buddy had a jdm d15 in his ek and it ran for a while great but it was untuned and blew.. know the limits of the stock motor and get it tuned for just under that

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Horsepower goal like stated above and also a dollar amount are the two things to think of before you go turbo. Do a little bit of research on your HP to Budget then start asking questions. Also be ready to get flamed because most people on this site hate giving out information and think that nothing should be repeated. Ask anyways, someone that knows where they started from may understand that they everyone has to start somewhere. I'm not saying don't search, but I know how it is when you need immediate answers before you can continue with your project. It's ok to ask a million of the same questions if your car is overheating tho.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am looking to be around 250hp, i know i need to upgrade the fuel system, i was hoping to get shoved in the right direction but i now know i need to do a ton of research. I basically want to to have fun with the car.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I am looking to be around 250hp, i know i need to upgrade the fuel system, i was hoping to get shoved in the right direction but i now know i need to do a ton of research. I basically want to to have fun with the car.
you said d15b i believe tho rods bend/break around 200whp. So thats something to look into.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i would highly suggest doing rods and pistons, you never know when your gonna want to turn up the boost a little besides that my buddies d16, with a perfect compression test, snapped a rod at 114 hp, just something to think about

·
VTEC withdrawals
1,339 Posts
it all depends on an accurate tune as to how much itll take for how long. the general number for a D rod is about 220hp...but that might be flywheel and not wheel hp

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
awebb and 2drz6 were of no help......jackass's to be exact, i started this thread for help, i know how to search just thought someone would give some opinions and they did...for that thanks to the other others thanks for nothing

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
/\ very nice.

mmmm summer
thanks, and yes it is

awebb and 2drz6 were of no help......jackass's to be exact, i started this thread for help, i know how to search just thought someone would give some opinions and they did...for that thanks to the other others thanks for nothing
you obviously dont know how to or you would have not made this thread, because

A- turboing a d has been covered like 74572934759234759237459027452398475 times,

B- refer to A

C- every build is different yes but the concept is the same for each

D- you have asked a n00b question without searching, so yes i have contributed to your OP, and to this thread

1 - 20 of 30 Posts