Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I’m completely new to this turbo and building stuff lol. Mind you I’ve been working on cars for over 15yrs but strictly all stock and fixing my customers cars. I run an auto repair shop and I finally want to build a motor/ “faster” car.

I have a 2000 civic with a d16y8 in it already but I bought another d16y8 for cheap to build since my car now is my daily and I don’t want to be out of a car for a while.
I have the basic knowledge of what goes into putting in the turbo and the laundry list of parts I need to get from doing plenty of research on many different forums.
My biggest question is what turbo or turbo setup can I use to keep P/S and A/C? I’m not looking for a big turbo or anything crazy as far as boost since this is my first build I want to start small and like I said this is also my daily. I read in a few places that the Greddy 15g is good but I can’t seem to find that kit any where so I’m assuming that it’s discontinued.
if anyone could point me in the right direction I would highly appreciate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you fellas for all the help. I’m gonna go with the kit from go-auto works. With this set up knowing I’m not going to push too high on the power/boost; could I used my stock head? Or should I also upgrade the head?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,388 Posts
Thank you fellas for all the help. I’m gonna go with the kit from go-auto works. With this set up knowing I’m not going to push too high on the power/boost; could I used my stock head? Or should I also upgrade the head?
the head can be left alone you just need some arp studs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, my wallet will be happy with that answer lol. A couple more random questions, sorry if they are dumb just Im a total noob at this.
do I have to upgrade or do anything to the oil pump now that I’m also going to be feeding the turbo and running more power through the motor?
Also should I change the thermostat to a different one or different rating or are both stock ok?
I think right now lastly, I wanted to clean up my block and head and most like paint the block, is that ok to do since it may insulte the heat? If it is ok what paint do you guys recommend? I was thinking high temp engine paint.
thank you again for all the advice

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also how about the water pump? Lol I forgot to put that along with the thermostat question

1 - 9 of 9 Posts