Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought myself a 95 four door with a d16z6. Much of the car is stock from the previous owner (they just changed the rear suspension). I'm looking to make this car maybe double its horsepower at least. I saw on another post that I should change the exhaust first as a good starting point, taking it to 2.5 i believe. I also need to change the camshaft sometime according to my mechanic. My budget is pretty high but that doesn't mean I want only the expensive stuff, I'm looking to keep this a daily driver that has some power to it.

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
If you want double stock hp (~200hp) you should look into turbo, NA limits are around 180hp and take alot of perfect matching of parts and lots of $$.
Some thing lik a 14b or t25 on a stock block can get you to your goals for cheap,
And don't forget TUNING!

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic Cx
1,276 Posts
if you are on a budget, a simple CAI, 4-2-1 header, 2 1/4 catback. if you want a little more power, go with Delta Cams and talk with them on what your goals are. I'd recommend valve springs though.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
With a turbo you dont need to touch the head. The stock cam is not a problem until in excess of 400 hp.
If you have the cash its worth building the bottom end, because most likely youll get to 200 hp and decide you want another 50 or 100.

As for tuning, check out the Library at pgmfi.org
It will tell you all about how the stock OBD-I ECU and be chipped and tuned for very cheap, the result being an ECU that is more capable than many stand-alones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts