Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new to the site not new to hondas really i just never did any swappin heads or anything mainly stayed with b16 or b18 well just bought 96 civic ex bottom of motor has rod out it head is fine i think it is a d16y7 vetch and i have a spare d15 came out of 91 hatch non vetch my question is will the mini me swap be worth it or just go out and get another engine my uncles owns a honda junk yard 80 acres full of hondas and acuras he rebuilds them and sells them he only rebuilds 03 and up now but anything from 89 to know i can find s2000 ,tl,civic,accord,teg,crx,u name it even ridgeline but what i was wondering is what can i do to make the internals as far as rods ,piston ect strong enough for boost i know get some p29 pistons but since i have all of these resources to different hondas anyone have any ideas sry for all the wuestions u all seem to have your game up to par!!

heres my new civic

·
Registered
Red EG
189 Posts
obligatory flame for y7 vetch.

cmon, man. you drive a honda, make a point of knowing what's under the hood.

RESEARCH. all of this can be found on this website. browse engine building and search mini-me. i'm SURE you will find everything you need.

·
Registered
279 Posts
the engine in that car is a d16y8. if your gonna boost it you want dished pistons not p29s. don't go smaller with displacement you have a 1.6 liter stick with it unless it's gone then replace the whole thing, your uncle owns a junk yard right shouldn't be hard to find a decent engine to put together

1 - 7 of 7 Posts