Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, long time lurker here, first time posting. i'll start with the lovely vehicle i purchased a few months back, my first honda, a black 2000 civic hx with the 5 speed manual transmission. it has 190k on the odo and is 100% stock other than a terrible aftermarket head unit.
i purchased this vehicle so that i would have something fun to work on, that didnt have to be up and running 24/7 like my daily driver, my 01 GTI. The "long" term goal (within approx 1 year) for the vehicle is boost, short term (within the summer) plan is rust/cancer repair, rear disc conversion, and gathering parts, resources, information and of course friends to assist in my turbo build.

Maybe a little info on myself is in order now, name is Brian, location is the great state of Vermont, and im not new to working on cars, however as stated before this IS my first honda. my experience with cars predominantly comes from the tech school i attended, where i had a great deal of information put into my head in a short time, so although ive been exposed to alot i lack the actual experience. which is where my civic comes in, giving me a wonderful platform for my first real build.

i don't have a set direction for this thread, but i wanted to make a post not only to introduce myself, but to have a place to document my progress on my car. so, with all that being said, nice to meet you all!

Attachments

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Welcome to the site. That vehicle surviving as long as it has up there is a surprise, most don't make it much farther than 15 years before the rust east holes in everything.

I just got a complete shell 00 EX for $200 with no rust lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.