Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone..
Name is Jared, I'm from Republic Mo. I've had my car for a little over a Year and a half. Got a great deal on a 94 dx with 225000 on the d15b7.. Ive replaced the master and slave clutch cylinder when i first got it for slipping. Lowered on some Ebay Springs and no name sport shocks. Ebay exhaust. Been my daily and been very reliable..Travel 500 a week for work..
About three months ago started acting sluggish when accelerating.. Basically I can press the gas and will climb in rpms.. when it gets to about 2800 or so it starts to cut out like its not able to keep up. its does this till about 4100 and then almost kicks like it hit a shot of NOS. and then climbs fine.
I have replaced the fuel pump, the fuel filter, the plugs, the wires, the cap and the rotor, and the PCV valve. Also add that i have no CELs at all, and the light does work it, comes on when i start the key and goes away. I do have bad rings cause i do burn oil like no other. But im not sure that that should be causing this. From what i searched and tried to find similar things my direction is good, and my next steps are to try the o2 sensor, the ignition coil itself, or the injectors.
I do run injector cleaner through it probably once a month. Id love some input on this if anyone can steer me more. My plan though is to swap a built z6 or y8 into it and turbo. I have the engines just waiting to start the build. Thanks guys!!!! Glad to be here

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,466 Posts
do a compression test, adjust valves. google a fsm for your generation and do the troubleshooting and how to zero in on the issues.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

Listen to Slo, don't waste time and money theorizing, spend it trouble shooting and repairing. My best repairs are the ones I had to think through, and get to know my car.

Yes, leaking rings can cause loss of power.....compression test is where I would start. Then a leak down.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Hey Everyone..
Name is Jared, I'm from Republic Mo. I've had my car for a little over a Year and a half. Got a great deal on a 94 dx with 225000 on the d15b7.. Ive replaced the master and slave clutch cylinder when i first got it for slipping. Lowered on some Ebay Springs and no name sport shocks. Ebay exhaust. Been my daily and been very reliable..Travel 500 a week for work..
About three months ago started acting sluggish when accelerating.. Basically I can press the gas and will climb in rpms.. when it gets to about 2800 or so it starts to cut out like its not able to keep up. its does this till about 4100 and then almost kicks like it hit a shot of NOS. and then climbs fine.
I have replaced the fuel pump, the fuel filter, the plugs, the wires, the cap and the rotor, and the PCV valve. Also add that i have no CELs at all, and the light does work it, comes on when i start the key and goes away. I do have bad rings cause i do burn oil like no other. But im not sure that that should be causing this. From what i searched and tried to find similar things my direction is good, and my next steps are to try the o2 sensor, the ignition coil itself, or the injectors.
I do run injector cleaner through it probably once a month. Id love some input on this if anyone can steer me more. My plan though is to swap a built z6 or y8 into it and turbo. I have the engines just waiting to start the build. Thanks guys!!!! Glad to be here
Probably not the injectors. If you were having an injector problem, you would see the problem throughout the rev range and it would be more prevalent under WOT and higher RPM.

Also, stop wasting your money on injector cleaner. If you are filling up with quality gasoline, they have plenty of cleaners or detergents already in the fuel.

I'd look at IACV, MAP, and TPS. Check your timing and as slo said, check your compression.

·
Registered
ej8
104 Posts
IACV response only for the idle.

I thing you need to check the throttle position sensor TPS first! like above mentioned.

search how to test it with multimeter or relapse and calibrate it! Its very cheap 8$ from ebay.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
If your burning a ton of oil, then thats more or less the problem.
The compression isnt enough to give the car power.
Thenonce the rpms are up, the cylinders are moving faster and balacne out the weaker one.

So do a compression test followed by a leak down.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Number three cylinder is basically shot.. Rings are toast. I already had a feeling about that. But tested the TPS, it was getting good power and started at low voltage about .58 and at full throttle was showing 4.8. I couldn't find where it should be at.. I am actually getting a z6 and a y8 motor this weekend gonna rebuild one of em and just swap it out. Thanks for the help guys.. I will start a new thread on the build. Also adding a ex trans to it for shorter gears. Clean up the bay a bit as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts