Honda D Series Forum banner

new to the forum

Tags
d16y8 haltech
826 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  apexboogs24 
#1 ·
hi guys new to the forum as a member ive been creeping the forum for years lol. little info about me im from the toronto,canada region and im currently building a 92eg si ive had about 10 hondas all with swaps so im not new to it but my fav out of all was turbo d16y8 eg with a edelbrock kit. im not one to go with the crowd thats why i opted to go with a single cam again. So far the goal is around 450whp on a d16y8 using e98 and a haltech standalone. any input you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated hopefully i will have some pics up soon with a build thread

#2 ·
kick off your build with installing and self tuning the haltech

learn its abilities and how to browse through all the settings.

welcome to the forums. browse some of the turbo builds to get an idea of how to setup on the good ol D.

Many may come in here and tell you to find a d16a6 or d16z6 crankshaft, but the y8 crank works just fine once you clean out the oil pump and port it slightly to allow better flow. do not shim.

have fun building! Be sure to use proper brand name parts where necessary, and hopefully join the ranks of 400whp+ on here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.