Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 civic ex
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow d series owners!

My name is Trevor. I just picked up a 1995 Civic Ex. 188k miles, all original! (even has the optional CD player!) It is going to be my daily while I build my 6 speed swapped WRX. The goal for the daily is great gas mileage but also make some power. Maybe 150-160whp. I have already ordered an APEXi ws2 exhaust. I'm new to d series so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Now for some pics of the whip

Attachments

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
if you want power and gasmileage, focus on increasing efficiency

reducing rotating weight, reducing chassis weight, getting more compresion out of the motor, doing a few of the intake tricks, etc.,.

that exhaust didnt do anything for power BTW

welcome!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
A small turbo, cam and rebuilt stock motor can make 150-160whp easy, keeping it NA and daily reliable is not easy or cheap at the same level but it has been done, a couple times on this site for instance. One guy is easy to talk too and can help explain in terms a dummy can understand, the other is a [email protected]*k head who spews garbage among his good concise thoughts. Both cars have a predisesor here as well who is local to the PNW and has his car out at events all the time such as Woodburn and other places. His little hatch is one of the raddest I have seen rocking a D. Look around at builds and see what worked and didnt and plan accordingly.

Oh here's a pic of the latter I took in 2015.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts