Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 honda civic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Whats up everyone to start I always hated these forums because of many people who talk crap just keeping it real with you guys no offense. Thats the reason I never joined until now. I have always been obsessed with the D-series engine I have been messing with them since early 2000. My name is Michael im 35 a lot of people know me as Barbas some of you might even know who I am. Im a youtuber I have been posting videos since 2009 slowly over the years I been adding more and more I just wanna share my knowledge with everyone. I do a lot of things the old school way with what ever tools I have at home and I try to work on a budget. Follow my turbo d16a vitara build on YouTube @ barbaslife. I figured I join and see what knowledge I can find that I might not know and will help me. Im glad I joined hope to hear from you guys soon. Come follow Nesquik the ebay built turbo civic

·
Registered
Waitress wanted
939 Posts
welcome ,,
Nesquik good name..now I want chocolate milk...

your timing belt is on backwards..

·
Registered
2000 honda civic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the support and your right my timing belt is backwards. I already put it on so its stretched might have to get a new one. Good call man see this is why I joined thank you.(y)

·
Registered
Waitress wanted
939 Posts
d16a ? is this a jdm engine ?
what type of combustion chamber did it have?open or quench pad?
what injectors are happening?
give us a build list :)

·
Registered
2000 honda civic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
d16a ? is this a jdm engine ?
what type of combustion chamber did it have?open or quench pad?
what injectors are happening?
give us a build list :)
Hey yea I should have posted up my build so you guys don't have to go watch 100 videos on it to catch up lol
So I bought a 2000 civic from a lady with a mini me swap D15 short block d16 vtec head. shortly after it blew a head gasket I replaced it and a month later my camshaft pulley broke the factory cast keyway of the pulley bending my valves. so I decided to look for an engine since this was my daily. I ended up finding a wearhouse in Chicago that imports engines the guy told me he had only D16A JDM versions he had 3 of them. so I took a drive over and I looked at the engine he had paperwork for the engine that I picked 47,000 miles, it was setup for automatic and it had a block off plate were the vtec solenoid would go. so I immediately though this engine had never been in vtec or deep into the 7000rpms so I bought it swapped it out. I continued my build by gutting with a saw saw and a grinder I put my civic on a diet Doors got cut, trunk lid lost 10lbs, sunroof got deleted, all that's left inside is a drivers seat and a dash, lost over 200lbs from inside the car. I am planning on getting into the dash this year since im planning on building a roll cage inside. I still want to loose weight from under the car and under the dash the weight reduction is not over.I geve the car the poor mans paint job $50 Rustoleum gloss Brown. I pulled my engine a perfectly heathy engine and I started taking it apart and put it back together with
ARP Headstuds,
75mm Ycp pistons
Speed Factory no notch rods
Vms Block Guard
king main bearings
king rod bearings
Shimed oil pump to increase pressure
Ebay XTD stage 4 clutch
Ebay XTD 8LBS flywheel
Ebay Fuel Pump osias 340lph (compared to walbro 255lph)
Ebay turbo feed lines and return kit
Ebay wastegate
Ebay top Mount Manifold
Ebay Turbo GT35 GT3582 T3 AR.70/63
I am planning on getting this engine started before the year is over Nothing is done to the head so I still have potential in growing in hp. my plan is to run a FMU to break in the engine not going over 4500rpm so I can save up for injectors and ECU by the time the engine is broken in. I know from experience FMU are Risky but they do work Specially if im not going over 4500rpm just to put some miles in it. hope this wasn't a long boring story. plans for the car is to be as light as possible with a single jingle for roll racing in MEXICO.

·
Registered
1995 Civic CX Hatch, 2001 Honda Civic LX (Broken)
10 Posts
I've seen a bunch of your videos on YouTube because I'm still not sure what I want to do with mine. Kinda cool to see you here. Good luck with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts