Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, think this set up is asking to blow up: a6 block, crank, rods / y8 head, crower stage 3 cam, springs and TI retainers / p29 pistons at 11.5:1 / 4-2-1 header, test pipe, 2.5" exhaust. With a ZEX EFI Wet Nitrous System - 4cyl Direct Port jetted at 50-100.

I'm new to nitrous, but after reading through the nitrous thread it sounds fairly safe. It looks like someone touched on this in the nitrous thread but never got an answer: What is the highest compression (if a highest at all) you would want to run with nitrous? Think 11.5:1 with that cam and pistons is going to have issues?

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
ive said this before and i will say this again.. nitrous LOVES compression!

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah actually reading the Zex install for the direct port wet system they say to run premium fuel and to retard the timing a little bit more.

·
Registered
838 Posts
learn how to read your spark plugs, and make sure to get a walboro 255hp fuel pump if your spraying 75shot or more. fuel pressure drops immensly on my little stock fuel pump on spray. start from a 50 shot and work your way up from there, have a set of 6,7,8,9 series plugs avalible and a timing light. also if you have no idea about nitrous, start reading!! its very important that you understand nitrous, pressure, fuel, ignition and most importantly your spark plugs! Do a WOT with spray and check all your plugs!

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingguide/sparkplugs/plugcolorchart.htm

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Spark_plug_reading.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not sure if this is Double Posting But I did share my IMO on another thread similar to your questions so here's my input. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinogdenbsx
Can you use them on an all motor car if you have stock pistons? Is there any danger in blowing it?

Running Nitrous always have danger all depends on what setup on how you use it. Main issue with Nitrous is the delivery system on typical nitrous setup you want the nozzle 6~12in away from TB. Now why the distance, it's so that you plenty of time for the nitrous to mix well with fuel and spread evenly on all cylinders or so they say. If applying Nitrous on an High Compression Motor or High Boosted Motor. Consistency of the delivery system is the difference between a successful run and blowing your engine. Blowing from what? Running Lean and damage ringlands worst your bottom end. Backfire from running to much fuel and deposited fuel in your Intake manifold ignites and most likely damage the Cylinder HeadOverall the best nitrous setup for an all motor or high boost would be an Direct Port Injection because nitrous and fuel is injected closer and per cylinder therefore more consistent. Thnx! BTW. I do have a nitrous powered KA24DE-T car so I've experienced some of it luckily not the blowing engine part of it. Heres the link if interested 1992 240SX KA24DE-Turbo

·
Registered
924 Posts
So, think this set up is asking to blow up: a6 block, crank, rods / y8 head, crower stage 3 cam, springs and TI retainers / p29 pistons at 11.5:1 / 4-2-1 header, test pipe, 2.5" exhaust. With a ZEX EFI Wet Nitrous System - 4cyl Direct Port jetted at 50-100.

I'm new to nitrous, but after reading through the nitrous thread it sounds fairly safe. It looks like someone touched on this in the nitrous thread but never got an answer: What is the highest compression (if a highest at all) you would want to run with nitrous? Think 11.5:1 with that cam and pistons is going to have issues?
I'm working on a 14:1 nitrous engine now. Nitrous loves high compression.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
you left out one major part of a nitrous build

tuning

·
Registered
283 Posts
reading your spark plugs is gay, get your car tuned with crome/s200 or something like that, spray on the dyno with a wideband, and you can add fuel and pull out timing as needed. Thats the way to do it. IMO of course

24-7 that set up looks fucking sick, well done my man. The injectors look to far from the head ?? I dont know about that, they look like they are in the same spot as Sk2 manifold only a pinch higher off the manifold

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
. The injectors look to far from the head ?? I dont know about that, they look like they are in the same spot as Sk2 manifold only a pinch higher off the manifold
yeah too far from the head...i meant what i said..the injectors appear too far from where they were ..it looks like it would change the spray pattern...maybe thats why he says it dosent work that well....

·
Registered
283 Posts
im a dick didnt think he was talking about that setup, i also thought you mean the injectors were further up the mani (away from flange) as opposed to being higher off the manifold. my apologies Mr.toddnos

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright another NOOB question about nitrous, how do you drive with a nitrous setup? As in flip the switch before you launch and just drive it like you would normally race it? I read in the sticky you're not suppose to drive it up to redline but what else should you do and not do? Should I invest in one of those rpm switches that activates between certain rpms like I saw a few people mention?

And also, I'm running these pistons:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-89-1-6L-HONDA-ACURA-INTEGRA-D16A1-DOHC-Piston-Set_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33623QQihZ017QQitemZ270160737568QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Do I need to worry about melting, breaking, bending these guys with 100 shot and below?

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
Alright another NOOB question about nitrous, how do you drive with a nitrous setup? As in flip the switch before you launch and just drive it like you would normally race it? I read in the sticky you're not suppose to drive it up to redline but what else should you do and not do? Should I invest in one of those rpm switches that activates between certain rpms like I saw a few people mention?

And also, I'm running these pistons:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-89-1-6L-HONDA-ACURA-INTEGRA-D16A1-DOHC-Piston-Set_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33623QQihZ017QQitemZ270160737568QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Do I need to worry about melting, breaking, bending these guys with 100 shot and below?
never hit the stock rev limiter when squeezing...its a fuel cut, and on a dry kit will cause a massively lean situation...

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
i suggest using a button to engage the nitrous i've used buttons i'd rather a button over a wot switch anyday

1 - 20 of 45 Posts