Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blown Y8 so ended up getting a very cheap Y7 out of a wreck from a friends salvage yard..I have a 99 EX auto I know do manual swap.... OK with all that being said I would like to build it NA. So anyway I am going to take and put my Y8 head on the Y7 block. Dont know the C/R on that setup...But would like to take it to about 13.1 to 1 C/R. I thought it was the A6 pistons that i was going to have to put in but i was told the PM7's... I would also like to know how much I could shave the head down with having proper valve spacing....I would like to put a cam in but dont have the cash is there another Honda cam that would give some better performance? Any insight would be great thanks BRAD

:rl: :honda:

H

·
0 Posts
First off 13:1 CR is alittle to iffy for the street!!! Be a little more reasonable, 11.5:1 or 12:1 max for a daily driver. Sure mid to high 12 compression ratio has been done before and driven. But it intales very precise tunning. I would just get so pistons from a d16a6, this yeilds low 11:1 compression which would still be a nice little power increase. Now for cams zex 59300 or crower stage 2, I would rec. upgraded valvetrain while in the process (But its not ness).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts