Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just switched to hondata from Crome. It's s300 v1 in a p06 with vtec added. When I have it hooked to the laptop I can get a good basemap but as soon as I unhook it and restart the car the AF is way off. It runs really rich.

also the ecu will periodically lose connection with smanager then reconnects.

car is a 92 hatch with d16z6 obd1`

any advice would be great

·
Registered
10 Posts
My advice get rid of the version 1 and get a v3 older ones have been known to delete your tune when you make changes and try to upload

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I referenced the Hondata site and it's def not a clone. Im thinking upgrading may be a good idea. Any ideas on what is considered a "working" board? Id much rather pay $280 rather than $380

·
Registered
10 Posts
The problem I'm starting to notice with using p28 & all obd1 ecus is that there all 20+ years old and the capacitors on the boards actually have a life span which is fixable by having new ones put in the board it's hit and miss but becoming more common now with the age of the ecus

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it looks like the caps were replaced when it was chipped. I'm going to order new Hondata headers and swap the Hondata chip into my p28 that I know words. Sucks it doesnt use the same socket. Hopefully the ecu just went bad

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks ended up getting a P06 for free. Converted it to manual and vtec and it works like a charm.

I finally get why people like smanager better than crome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts