Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just got a 1989 CRX and the guy has put a d15z1 motor in it. He said this motor is a sohc vtec motor but the ecu is the factory one. So my question is will the vtec work with a factory CRX computer or not? If not is it worth making it work and what would I have to do to make it work?

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
CRXSI said:
So my question is will the vtec work with a factory CRX computer or not? If not is it worth making it work and what would I have to do to make it work?
it can if you use a MSD rpm activated switch. but it's so much better to convert to OBD1 and run a p28:beer:

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
your d15z1 motor is a vtec-e motor.

to make it run 100% correctly you'd have to convert to obd1 and use the civic vx ecu

id swap the motors if i was you.. makes things easier

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah by the way the z1 motor is trash. strong motor but just didnt do it for me. but i heard if you run a p28 or p08 the wtec-e's run a little better.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
if i were you id sell that motor swap in a jdm sohc zc or dohc zc

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help I'll probably drive it the way it is for now because it's the only daily driver I have and save up for an engine swap.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
^^I would definately do different engine swap if you are going for speed not MPG :) Save up for a Z6 or ZC.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
VX ecu is the p07...

uses a wideband o2 sensor stock... (5-wires)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts