Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm not "new" to Hondas my first two cars were DA integra, but I haven't owned a Honda for about 8 years now.

I finally caved and bout a 98 coupe, but I have some questions about it.

First, the number and all says it's an ej8, but the ID tab on the motor says D15B. I'm not up on honda motors so much. Any info I could get on the motor would be great.

Ie: what it came out of, will normal dseries parts fit it, that kinda stuff.

it's super clean beside one broken door panel

·
Registered
E46
2 Posts
D15B is super common. you can find alot of info on here about them, hell. just google "D15b" and Wikipedia gives you everything you want to know. most D series parts are interchangeable between each other for future reference. power level on that thing range from like 80-120 if im not mistaken. someone please feel free to correct me.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,389 Posts
holy shit, a new guy telling another new guy to google and search? yall better cut that shit out, or I wont have any reasons to post in here anymore.

lol, welcome to d-so.

·
Registered
E46
2 Posts
holy shit, a new guy telling another new guy to google and search? yall better cut that shit out, or I wont have any reasons to post in here anymore.

lol, welcome to d-so.

lol hey, i find almost everything i need to know by using the oh so magical google.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol thanks, (not sarcasm) I've been looking and was researching before I bought the car. I found a d15b faq that answered my questions about the parts that interchange, but I'm still missing a few things.

As far as I can tell it's still obdII but my scanner is loaned out so I'm not sure if the obdII port actually works.

And how can you tell the vtec and vtec e variances apart? All the pictures I've seen just say d15b. Is there something simple I'm missing? Such as blatantly printed on the valve cover?

Thanks guys I'm just new to Hondas I mostly mess with mitsubishi mirages and 240sx's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts