Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Canadian eg hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 92eg hatch. Kid said motor was replaced with D15Y7, double checked and engine code is D16Y7. Few things. It’s still od1 shouldn’t it be reading ob2? And the speedometer is not working nor the mile gauge. Any quick fix for that?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,054 Posts
what head is on the y7? if its a z6 or something similar, the sensors are obd1 and fine. check the vss and make sure its working.

·
Registered
92 Canadian eg hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The code on head says P2Eha. I believe does sound about right? Check enshrine kight is throwing code 17(vss) so believe that’s my next step would be to replace that. So is it all he same motor? Like not a mini me swap or anything like that?

·
4,054 Posts
does the intake look like this

sounds like its a y7 swapped in, using the obd1 sensors. vss is fairly simple. unbolt, yank, replace.

·
Registered
92 Canadian eg hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it’s not super close but it’s pitch dark at the moment and that’s the only pic I have of it far. So sounded like d16 with y7 head? Pretty common motor combo then huh?

·
4,054 Posts
looks like a z6 intake. so yeah, its a d16y7. what ecu is in the car?

·
4,054 Posts
that ecu will work. it was meant for a cx, meaning it gets better mileage. if the only code its throwing is for vss, I wouldn't worry about it. if you care enough to want the "right" ecu, youd need a p06

·
Registered
92 Canadian eg hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah I’m not to worried about it lol. Just was like wtf is going on and I was confused lol. Kid put on coil overs and shit is sounded like I’m breaking my car driving down the road haha

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
you definitely have a Y7, it has the dipstick (albeit broken or bent) for engine oil on teh side, fed form the oil pump.

intake manifold, look at intake plenum, look at the intake runnners. if they are fat and nearly touch, its a d16z6 intake. if the runners have a large gap, its a d15b7

Get rid of that P05 and find a P06 like stated above. Should be able to find them fairly cheap.

Heck, I might be convinced to sell my p06 automatic ecu if I dont get a nice paying job soon to fund my projects. you would need to remove a resistor and jumper it with a 0-ohm resistor to "convert" to manual

a bonus to running a P06 on the d16y7 is that it removes the traditional rich-fuel AFRs that honda always does (even my 2013 Honda Fit was running 11:1 factory), and the car could potentially be running quite good.

The downside is you will need to fiddle with ignition timing via service jumper and playing with distributor position.

·
Registered
92 Canadian eg hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input! Been snowing and freezing out here in Oregon so haven’t been doing much to it. Waiting on a decent day to dive into it. Thinking of going to pull apart soonish and pull some parts. Any recommendations on springs/coil overs? The eBay ones and bouncy and he’ll and the bushing are cracked

·
Registered
92 Canadian eg hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went and pulled a vss outa a civic at the junk yard. Came home put it in, good to go!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts