Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to honda im a jdm guy who bought a sohc d16zc vtec im trying to find out some info on the motor i have googled part numbers all i can come up with is the piston numbers(p07) so far there from a d15z1, but i cant find anyother info on the head(p08-6) or rods(m.3:6). can anyone help me out it also dosent have a vtec like the rest of the d16s with the popers on top. here are the pics of everything. thanks for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
It looks kinda sloppy, like someone ground the block stamp, and tried to re-stamp it. That's suspicious...

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
idk if your stamp is legit or not, but according to a search on the intrawebz:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok

well it ran fine before i pulled it out n put a new head gasket on it. it mite be jdm. but idk.. i just wanted to kno about the head more. im trying to find out if it was assembled with random d parts.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Right, but that valvetrain doesn't look like a d16z6 at all, nor a d15b. No LMAs. Also, look closely and it looks like roller rockers.

I'm guessing it's VTEC-E, that is, a D15Z1. On the block stamp, you'll notice that only the "6" and the "C" look shitty. Thus, "D15Z1" modified to "D16ZC"

Whoever modified that stamp was a total jackass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
well thanks can ne tell me a lil more about e-vtec

how do i figure out what block it is i kinda need to kno because i bought a d16z6 water pump and timing belt the water pump bolted right. and i timed it like a d16z6. the belt has the same number of teeth. it spins free and easy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its not a d15z1 then cause they use a different water pump then the z6 you might have got a b7 with z1 head and pistons. Someone threw that thing together cause you got a freak motor lol. And my jdm d15b
itakes the z1 water pump. Its different from the other 2 or 3 motors that came in the 92 to 95s.

·
Registered
650 Posts
What's the code on the ecm/ecu?

That might help a little more figuring out exactly what you've got there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stupid block

the cpu is p28 it was running when i took it out. everytime i get a motor i put a new water pump, timeing belt, and head gasket/head bolts. thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
657 Posts
Its not a d15z1 then cause they use a different water pump then the z6 you might have got a b7 with z1 head and pistons. Someone threw that thing together cause you got a freak motor lol. And my jdm d15b
itakes the z1 water pump. Its different from the other 2 or 3 motors that came in the 92 to 95s.

You're wrong. Water pump off the D16Z6 is the same Honda P/N as the D15Z1. Both use 19200-P08-004. He has a D15Z1 block.

·
Registered
73 Posts
@mr.todd you are correct I did get them confused the b7 is the water pump that fits on my d15b. So yes most likely a z1 block. And the head casting is a z6 casting number. So you got a vtec-e bottom and z6 head is what it seems to be.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts