Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, so I just picked up a delsol as a weekend car and I want to turbo it and have a few questions. It's a stock d16z6 and I already ordered walbro 255, msd distributor. I'm looking to purchase the injectors and then get it tuned right after. What injectors would you recommend that are plug and play. I want atleast 500cc.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Hello guys, so I just picked up a delsol as a weekend car and I want to turbo it and have a few questions. It's a stock d16z6 and I already ordered walbro 255, msd distributor. I'm looking to purchase the injectors and then get it tuned right after. What injectors would you recommend that are plug and play. I want atleast 500cc.

Thanks for the help
The msd ignition won't be necessary. but first. what are yourpower goas? set that then figure out what you need. also a rule of thumb. Fast, cheap, reliable. pick 2 as you can't have all 3. there is tons of info on here so I do suggest searching the threads in here. It will go a long way in helping you to decide what you will need to buy. also there are a few vendors in here like Hiprofile. He makes the best injectors hands down. GL

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,295 Posts
wait till you have all the shit to turbo before doing any kind of get it tuned right after...

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Being its a project for now I would like to do somewhat on the cheaper end. The msd I just got for the car not necessarily to turbo I knew I didn't need that. The reason I asked about tuning is because it is slow af at the moment so I figured with a bigger pump, bigger injectors (I would need anyways for turbo) and bigger manifold I could tune it and get more power for now.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,295 Posts
Thanks guys. Being its a project for now I would like to do somewhat on the cheaper end. The msd I just got for the car not necessarily to turbo I knew I didn't need that. The reason I asked about tuning is because it is slow af at the moment so I figured with a bigger pump, bigger injectors (I would need anyways for turbo) and bigger manifold I could tune it and get more power for now.
It will not make a difference until a turbo is installed

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick update on my post back in July. So I ended up getting a spun bearing in August and here's what has been done since. I went ahead and removed the engine and started wire tuck, painted engine bay. I took the head to the machine shop of get cleaned up and valve job done. I decided to go with Nippon turbo Vitara pistons and eagle h beam rods. I went with 550cc injectors. Just got everything back from machine shop and I'm about to start building the bottom end.

Attachments

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Those ebay kits are pretty hit and miss. The turbos usually leak oil.

With that said, its a good starting point. The HKS knock off BOV and the turbo smart waste gate knock offs seem to work out if you make sure all the hardware is tight. The manifold works, but not well with a full rad. The down pipe works if you make a brace for the back, the flex pipe allows it all to line up OK but not with the best ground clearance. The oil lines and fittings work, too. The aluminum pipe will work for sure in an EK, should work in an EG, too. Takes a little trimming and work but it will all fit. The t bolt clamps are shit. Any t bolt clamp with a 10mm hex nut is junk.

Anyways in for updates.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found some reviews on the Nippon pistons they seemed to be liked by the few I found running them. I didn't get any feedback from members on here though it was through a Google search

1 - 11 of 11 Posts