Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a project to work on. Picked up a 98 Civic EX with 108,000 miles on it. Car runs solid and just needs some body work done that I plan on attacking soon with some bondo. Pretty much have decided that I will be going the turbo route with a Go-Auto street kit. Going to run the kit on stock internals. Only looking to get around 200 -220 hp which seems to be the limit on stock internals. Plan on checking out a lot of good builds on D-Series.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,471 Posts
curious why youre going to attempt to boost a y8 with stock internals, when theyre known to have oiling issues as it is stock.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've gone over several builds of people boosting stock y8's at a moderate level. That is just my plan as of now though could change after looking around some more.

·
Premium Member
93 4 DOOR
3 Posts
Boost it. I would have another motor laying around ready to go in tho. I turboed my stock d15b7 and stock z6. They both were very fun. My best advise is to use a small turbo. It makes that mid rang tq great for dd.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
OMG ... anyone else love the new guy.

Thanks for searching!

Sounds like you've got a pretty solid idea of what you want. As stated before perhaps find a spare z6 short block to refresh or do a build on. On the off chance that the y8 bottom end decided to let go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts