Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone My names Stephen and im very new to this site, never commited to one but now that im starting a project i thought it wold be a good time to get commited. Im in the process of turboing my d16z6 engine, the engine is built i have a stage 3 clutch with flywheel a good radiator and fan, a blow off valve, a z6 tranny a fuel pump, map sensor, obd2 to obd1 wire harness and maybe a couple other parts cant remember at the moment.

My knowledge on cars isnt the greatest, but im learning as i go and absolutly love it. when it comes to engine i really have a small amount of knowlege where everything is and how it works, i watched a video the other day just on how to take a tranny out of a civic and cant believe how much you have to do just to take it out, blew my mind a little bit.

just looking to see if i can get some insight on what i should do for some parts, my budget is open but nothing crazy not looking for a 2000$ turbo kit but under 1000 would suit my budget...

what i need for parts currently is...

if i can one a p28 with hondata already on it
aem wideband
450cc injectors
oil pressure gauge
boost controller
full bushing kit
and a full turbo kit...

if i could get some insight on weather to get these parts all new or all used and where a good place to for these parts...

also if im picking these items up used what to look for on the parts to make sure im not getting scammed...

if anyone is selling anything let me know my emails [email protected]
shoot me an email if you have anything for sale im deff gonna take a look at cheaper options.

Thanks guys i appreciate the help and cant wait to show you guys my build

·
Premium Member
2015 SI 4dr
263 Posts
Welcome to D Series family. .main thing is decide what your goal for the car is..that will definitely help you stay within your budget..buy good quality parts new or used..Google or this forum will be your best friend when deciding on parts..plenty of builds here to help you..good luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im looking to get about 200-250hp, this will be my daily driver dont need anything to crazy but if some fool rolls up next to me gotta put his car to the test!

·
Registered
Civic/4Runner
137 Posts
Just don't try to go crazy with a DD, if you plan on doing an "engine build" i would recommend sourcing another complete long block that way you can still drive the car while building an engine. 250 is a good reliable number as long as you dont throw junk parts on it, the tune will be the #1 factor on the engine lasting. I would start by just lurking around and doing as much research on here and google as possible. I searched for about 6 months before i finally purchased my turbo kit just to make sure i knew what i needed etc. If you want to not waste money, do your research on the parts before you buy them, dont just buy a bunch of pars if you aren't 100% sure. Last of all, keep watching you tube videos, just search "how to's" and from where you are you will learn alot. and welcome

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
First off Welcome. Second, even with those mods, my mini van will still keep up with you, so focus on making it reliable, so at least you wont break it racing a diesel truck. Ask me how I learned this lesson, better yet don't it was too embarrassing getting laughed at by the uhaul driver.......poorly timed, new to working on cars, I was so dumb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts